Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 2:32 pm

waltur wrote:
woodss82 wrote:
[img]

do you believe that the rapture will occur before or after the rise of this "antichrist?"

How does one get a "week" to be a year. In both Hebrew and Aramaic there are definite words for week and year and they have different meanings.

ruveyn

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 3:06 pm

ruveyn wrote:
How does one get a "week" to be a year. In both Hebrew and Aramaic there are definite words for week and year and they have different meanings.

ruveyn

they lie to themselves. that's how.

Natty_Boh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 12:43 am

Philologos wrote:
Natty Boh:

Julian alias Juliana for people who worry about cognitive discord between contemporary and medieval feminine naming traditions is not the Cloud Author.

I now see why 1 John - but both Julian and the Cloud are interesting. Julian comes into my head more esily; my wife into both.

My mistake...I've not read either, then. :) I have a fair amount of sympathy for the Eastern/Byzantine interest in leaving some things mystery (instead of seeking to delineate and define them, as we Romans love to do)...is that essentially the idea of the Cloud?

Whenever the day is done."

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 11:14 pm

Seventh-day Adventism is full of BS.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 12:04 am

ruveyn wrote:
waltur wrote:
woodss82 wrote:
[img]

do you believe that the rapture will occur before or after the rise of this "antichrist?"

ruveyn

You little understand. You see, if you interpret the bible literally, then a week is seven days, a day is 24 hours, and that gets us through the creation.. NON-literal interpretation says the "days" are not 24 hours, but rather eras - like Age of Reptiles. Or else they say that there was a day of creation, then a pause of a few million years before the next one.But that is not literal and therefore is wrong and dangerous.

AND literal interpretation says that in Daniel a week is actually a year, but that not all the years are consecutive, there are long intervals betwen official weeks = years which do not count. And peopole who do NOT do literal interpretation try to say a week in Daniel is seven days.

Because Bib Brother also runs a church, and week means what Big Brother says it means and we don' need no stinking consistency.

--------------

Personally, if a literal interpretation guy says creation is seven consecutive days [I am including the sabbath as part of the process here] of 24 hours each the same timespan as an hour on the atromic clock, I will not deny that I can believe God can do that.

But when he is literal ONLY where he feels like it and it meets his needs, he loses me.