Article & 9 Pictures That Expose Obscene Division of Wea

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 8:40 pm

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/149918

I hate to feel negative about the worlds corrupted and silly financial system but I can't help, and hope I am not the only one who looks at things all the time and thinks "We could have used our money much more wisely"

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 8:42 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:

I hate to feel negative about the worlds corrupted and silly financial system but I can't help, and hope I am not the only one who looks at things all the time and thinks "We could have used our money much more wisely"

There is no OUR money. There is YOUR money and MY money.

ruveyn

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 9:08 pm

Possessiveness leads to lots of problems. This is why I dislike the yours, mines, theirs concept.

In my ideology nothing should belong to anybody. Ownership simply is the concept of one form of energy in the universe claiming it has the right to govern what happens to another form of energy. We are all energy in a universe where we can if we choose to, live happily and in harmony with things. The word energy here can be interchanged with matter and still have the same meaning.

Just my wee bit to add.

In terms of money itself, it is ours essentially. People pay tax and people consume, contributing to economies. There is no "you" or "them" in a realistic economic system in my opinion. If we want to be optimistic and productive WE should be deciding what to with our money so that we can make collective decisions to benefit our lives as a whole.

This is a better way of seeing things instead of trying to benefit a select few. Possessiveness is what is really messing up society.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 9:26 am

PatrickNeville wrote:

Well, I don't buy into the "our money" mentality as well, but when you consider how many people come into their money, you do question what their priorities are.

The problem with the "our money" mentality is that people spending it as illustrated in that article are the kind who really will never be affected by any mandate to use wealth more effectively.

The people with the "median income" of $29,000/year actually do most of the giving that helps those who are worse off.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 12:49 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
Possessiveness leads to lots of problems. This is why I dislike the yours, mines, theirs concept.

Collectivization of resources eventually lead to tyranny and oligopoly. OURS is a pipe-dream. Eventually, one or a few determine what is done with collectivized resources. The only safe course to follow is Mine, Yours and His. That keeps the resources in the hands of their rightful owners and creators.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 20 Feb 2011, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 12:52 pm

I understand where you are coming from. Looking out for ourselves is a major priority today.

I think this is something which can be changed so everything is more freely available to everyone, and then we do not need to worry about anyone owning anything.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 8:10 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
I understand where you are coming from. Looking out for ourselves is a major priority today.

I think this is something which can be changed so everything is more freely available to everyone, and then we do not need to worry about anyone owning anything.

It has been tried through the ages. Collective ownership of the means of production is an open invitation for the lazy and shiftless to live off the efforts of their productive betters. The original Virginia Colony the Brits set up in America failed because it had common ownership and the farm produce was put in a common pool. Agriculture in the late and unlamented Soviet Union failed for the same reason. When one does not own what he works to produce, he will produce less. It is as simple as that.

Ownership and property are the selfish effects of selfish human nature. It is what we are selfish. Humans have always cared for their own children more than the children of others.

You fond hopes are in vain.

ruveyn

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 9:13 pm

The kind of change in society i would like it not something which is going to happen over night. this is something which would take quite a while to achieve. any sudden moves to this type of system would result in exactly what you described.