Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 2:41 am

I don't follow things in the media to any degree more than the internet forces me to, however Yahoo keeps telling me unsolicited tidbits about Prince William's fiancee Kate Middelton, and it has occurred to me that if I were her..or she were me, rather, and Prince William had wanted to marry me, I'd find the whole prospect of marrying into such a family very stressful!

It's not so much being in the public eye...people would very quickly become bored with me I'm sure, or would simply have to concoct strange rumors to cover up the fact that I am quite boring by NT standards, but I know the royal family is very particular about image, (maybe not so much Prince William and Prince Charles though) and part of keeping that image involves refraining from certain normal activities. Or at least having to go about them in a not so normal way due to the need for security.

How would you guys feel about marrying into a royal family?

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 2:49 am

I got dibs on Aspocrat!

Hands off him, Chronos! :evil:

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:48 am

I'd the person what makes you believe that your family has the right to claim royalty and do you have a sense of superiority to others?

Would request if i married them they leave the royal family because i disagree with favouritism.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:49 am

I'd get sick of having to present a good image all the time, both manner wise and dress wise (as usually, female royals are considered nothing but stylishly dressed trophies by the media). But on the upside I wouldn't have to pay for all the clothes and accessories I'd be forced to wear.

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 12:15 pm

I like ordinary and boring where I can be myself.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 12:31 pm

Esther wrote:
I got dibs on Aspocrat!

Hands off him, Chronos! :evil:

giggle

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 12:33 pm

I couldn't stand the pressure of being watched all the time by the media etc.

Then again Kate Middleton is beautiful, so she'll look fantastic in the media.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:03 pm

Having just returned from the supermarket I have all of the latest information on this topic (which I don't care about in the least). The tabloids in the checkout line informed me that William will be crowned King as soon as he marries this girl.

I noticed that she is attractive and that he seems to have a receding hairline. Beyond that, I have no further comment.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 6:10 pm

simon_says wrote:
Having just returned from the supermarket I have all of the latest information on this topic (which I don't care about in the least). The tabloids in the checkout line informed me that William will be crowned King as soon as he marries this girl.

I noticed that she is attractive and that he seems to have a receding hairline. Beyond that, I have no further comment.

Really? I wonder how many people will watch the coronation ceremony on the news. I've never seen a British coronation ceremony, but then again Queen Elizabeth has been queen for longer than I've been alive.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:58 pm

I would only marry Prince William if he promised to disband Parliament and reinstall the power of the monarchy because the Tories are doing nothing but mucking up the country. I'd consider it my dowry. But I'm quite sure that I'm not in his demographic. :wink: Pity. Sorry college kids and poor people of Britain!

But, yes, celebrity sucks. That's why both Diana Spencer and Sarah Ferguson bailed on their marriages. Kate Middleton will have this spotlight for the rest of her life, for every pound gained and lost, for every parenting decision she makes, for every individual mark she may want to make in her life...

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 8:00 pm

Jono wrote:
simon_says wrote:

Really? I wonder how many people will watch the coronation ceremony on the news. I've never seen a British coronation ceremony, but then again Queen Elizabeth has been queen for longer than I've been alive.

TONS. Tons watched his dad's wedding to his mom. Tons watched his mom's funeral. Tons will watch his wedding. But I don't really believe QE2 is giving up the crown. It'd be nice but no.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 9:26 pm

wefunction wrote:
I would only marry Prince William if he promised to disband Parliament and reinstall the power of the monarchy because the Tories are doing nothing but mucking up the country. I'd consider it my dowry. But I'm quite sure that I'm not in his demographic. :wink: Pity. Sorry college kids and poor people of Britain!.

:idea: Lightbulb for your great idea.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 10:34 pm

wefunction wrote:
Jono wrote:
simon_says wrote:

TONS. Tons watched his dad's wedding to his mom. Tons watched his mom's funeral. Tons will watch his wedding. But I don't really believe QE2 is giving up the crown. It'd be nice but no.

Isn't Prince Charles next in line?

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 10:47 pm

Chronos wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Jono wrote:
simon_says wrote:

Didn't he disqualify himself by marrying Camilla?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 10:58 pm

I don't mind being in the public eye.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 11:03 pm

wefunction wrote:
Chronos wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Jono wrote:
simon_says wrote:

Didn't he disqualify himself by marrying Camilla?

According to the wikipedia article, he's still next in line. But to be honest, I'm not sure he is as keen on it as some of his ancestors might have been.