Those in the state of PA, how about your first AS governor?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jet102fm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2011, 1:04 pm

I'm being half-serious here. I live in Erie County which is in the state of Pennsylvania. I was thinking about social skills training recently to prepare myself for a career in politics. I would start out as a local township official and move to a higher county position (and for possible stay a good number of terms). I feel that I have a lot to contribute to this county and this wonderful state. I will, then, luck willing, be able to move onto state governor. I consider myself very conservative on domestic, economic and environmental/wildlife issues, but I am more libertarian on social issues. Once said, I feel I can make extraordinary contributions.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 1:06 pm

Don't think you'll get elected, and that is for a reason you shouldn't try to change. You're probably too honest to successfully get elected. Unless people suddenly decide honesty and integrity are the best reasons to vote for someone, you probably wouldn't make it into office.

Jet102fm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2011, 1:11 pm

Oh no, not you.

Please don't worry about me. I'm still confident.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 1:12 pm

Jet102fm wrote:
Oh no, not you.

?

Well the only way I could see you successfully getting the office is if you could make your opponent look like a pathological liar the people can't trust.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 6:47 pm

Read The Prince & The Art of War and ensure you're thick skinned, because it is definitely a career that involves a lot of public scrutiny. In the Information War of the 21st Century you have to be prepared for dirty tactics of misinformation and logical fallacy, not to mention that probably 30% of America count blogs as a good, credible source of news

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 10:41 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Jet102fm wrote:
Oh no, not you.

?

Well the only way I could see you successfully getting the office is if you could make your opponent look like a pathological liar the people can't trust.

That's about 95% of Democrats and 98% of Republicans in a nutshell.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 5:10 pm

Can you please get rid of the whole private vendor auto tag hassle. It takes way too long to get anything done and costs considerably more. Why can't the DMV just be the one stop shop for everything? I'm somewhat new to the state and I never thought I'd actually miss the DMV.

Also, I'd like my water not to catch on fire. Can you please stop the hydrofracking?

Thank you,
Concerned citizen

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 8:16 pm

Oh, and the strange law where you can only buy cases of beer in package stores and six packs at bars.