Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 6:12 am

Seriously,
So, do you think OCD fits your symptoms well. It seems like it could. I don't have experience here but it makes sense.

On a funnier note,
Of course, posting twice that the thread is "just about you" seems like narcissism :)

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 2:50 pm

jackbus01 wrote:
Seriously,
So, do you think OCD fits your symptoms well. It seems like it could. I don't have experience here but it makes sense.

On a funnier note,
Of course, posting twice that the thread is "just about you" seems like narcissism :)

I don't think it's OCD, but perseveration. I don't "perform compulsive rituals because I inexplicably feel I have to, or act compulsively so as to mitigate the anxiety that stems from particular obsessive thoughts." I only do those things every once in awhile, like once a week, so it's not obsessive or compulsive. Perseveration is sometimes associated with impaired inhibition, and I have executive dysfunction, so that could be it.

Well, I did make this thread for myself, not other people, and I am narcissistic. :P I made this thread so that anyone that knows anything about this could give their input, and also because it helps me understand what I'm thinking if I write it out and can reread it.