what's the hardest and easiest bosses you have fought...

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 2:17 pm

what's the hardest and easiest bosses you have fought in a video game.

you can put down one of each or you can put down several hard and easiest bosses.

i'll start out.

hardest

metroid prime from metroid prime
i had codes and i was still getting my butt kicked. the hardest part about this guy was seeing him.

starfox adventures andross.
no codes this time. this guy could easily be one of the toughest bosses ever made. he has two faces and throws everything including the kitchen sink at you.

kingdom hearts seph from 1 and 2.
that guy is tough but if he didn't have sin harvest that would be nice. he's one of those guys that if you look away for one second you could die.

eaiset

xemnas first ecounter on kingdom hearts 2 i mean jeez if he can kick your butt on final mix why can't he do the same on kh2.
note: i don't not have final mix but i've got a video of the fight against him and he looks tough like sephiroth tough.
i could kill him blind folded on kh2.
xemnas: :roll: sure.

my mind went completely blank oh well i'll put down the other eaisets boss i've fought when i remember them.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 2:23 pm

Kingdom Hearts 1 the easiest is Lock Shock and Barrel or Clayton.

Last edited by ilikedragons on 15 Jul 2006, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 2:27 pm

yeah lock shock and barrel are relitively easy just hard to catch.

i actually died on clayton several times. i suck i know.

saix: i agree with that last statement.
*grabs baseball bat and hits him with it*
saix: *growls*

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 6:58 pm

Jetfox wrote:
what's the hardest and easiest bosses you have fought in a video game.

you can put down one of each or you can put down several hard and easiest bosses.

i'll start out.

hardest

metroid prime from metroid prime
i had codes and i was still getting my butt kicked. the hardest part about this guy was seeing him.

kingdom hearts seph from 1 and 2.
that guy is tough but if he didn't have sin harvest that would be nice. he's one of those guys that if you look away for one second you could die.

The trick to beating Metroid Prime is to switch visors when he disappears! I found the plant boss earlier harder to beat (at first).

Sephiroth is a tough SOB, and I'm yet to play Kingdom Hearts 2, where he is actually reputedly harder!

Okay, hardest bosses I've fought....

Well, I'll say these for difficulty, rather than being hard per se, as I have actually beat (almost all of)them, and without codes....

Resident Evil series

RE0: Leech Queen Bosses: First, you have to beat that thing, you've probably got SFA ammo and health, and you've got to watch out for your partner. In the second fight, you only play as Billy, you've got a time limit, and Rebecca has to be defended from the Leech Queen while she opens shutters.

RE2: Birkin, G4. You've got a time limit. This guy leaps about, charges, and you've got the RE equivalent of opera music in the background.

RECVX: The whole damn game was hard, never mind the bosses!

RE4: Two bosses in particular stand out: Salazar, and Krauser. Salazar takes a hell of a beating, and has an instant death move, while Krauser cannot even be killed for a certain period, has knife skills that would impress Naked Snake, and then gets a time-limit fight, along with a huge-freaking claw/shield/wing.

Final Fantasy series:

FF4 (GBA version): Zeromus EG is a challenge, believe me. This version could've been a pushover in the original Easy Type version of FF4, but it's a real nasty piece of work in the new dungeon in FF4, Advance.

FF7: The WEAPONs, of course. I am yet to beat Ruby WEAPON, but I have, once, beat Emerald WEAPON.

FF8: Ultima and Omega Weapons are damned hard, especially Omega. You need Heroes or Holy Wars (items that you can gain that confer temporary invincibility on your party members) for Omega!

FF9: Ozma is extremely hard, and like Emerald WEAPON, have only beat him once.

FF10: The Dark Aeons especially, although I found I had trouble with the second form of Seymour (after you defeat him at Macalania), the hook-armed creature that guards the way to Yunalesca, and Yunalesca herself.

FF10-2: Angra Mainyu, and the bosses in the Via Infinito.

Silent Hill series

Silent Hill 4: Walter Sullivan (last boss). If you're trying to save Eileen, you gotta finish this battle PDQ. Walter is also invincible until you can stick all those spears into his true self's hide.

Others

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver: Dumah. You have to lead him on a merry chase, he will try and drain your energy, and you can't even hurt him. Not until you get to the furnace. The last fight with Kain is also annoying, as he likes to teleport, and you can't hurt him without the Soul Reaver, which only appears when Raziel is at full health.

Kingdom Hearts: Sephiroth, Ice Titan, and Kurt Zisa. Easily the hardest battles in the game.

Metroid Prime: The plant boss, Meta Ridley, and Metroid Prime (all forms).

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: Amorbis, the Boost Guardian, Emperor Ing, and finally, Dark Samus, final round.

Warcraft 3: Archimonde: He has me licked, or rather, that whole level does.

Devil May Cry: Nightmare. This blobby sod is hard!! And then there's Mundus, especially on the ground, which I consider the hardest part of the fight.

Devil May Cry 3: Most of the damn bosses in this game gave me trouble! However, I have finished it, which is saying something. It's a very challenging game!

With the few exceptions mentioned, I have beaten these bosses, and will be willing to share strategies. Try GameFAQs.com as well.

On sabbatical...

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 9:29 pm

Well, the only one that really sticks out to me right now is one of the easiest ones:

Desan from Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight II. The dude was just plain easy as hell, and this from a guy who's not the best JKII player. He always threw his lightsaber. His throwing was his BANE!!

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 11:16 pm

to quatermass

dang those REO bosses sound dang tough good thing i haven't played that series or i'd be saying some nice words to the tv screen. :)

i forgot the weapons from ff7 man that was stupid, i did have both weapons beaten but i was fighting ruby for like 30 minutes or more. i killed emerald quicker cause i had kotr but he still wiped my team on the floor a few times. but sadly erased overwrote that file by mistake.

i did fight ultima once but he wiped me on the floor.

i say ice titan ain't to bad once you have a system down and if you stand in the corner he can't freeze you i found that out after a few fights.

oh yeah the plant boss is annoying heck i didn't even know how to even hurt him and just ran in circles around him till i found out the trick to it.

i never played DMC but from what i heard it's a hard game.

to veresae
never played that game either but i'll take your word that he's easy.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2006, 2:04 am

Ultima Weapon from FF8? Compared to Omega Weapon, he's a cakewalk. It just helps immensely if you have the "Lion Heart" weapon, and therefore the "Lion Heart" limit break for Squall. Rinoa can help, providing Angelo has learnt "Invincible Moon". A standard opening procedure during any boss fight in FF8 should be to use "Meltdown" magic, or Doomtrain, once you get those. Meltdown inflicts Vitality Zero status, and reduces defence quite a lot. I learnt that thanks to Gamepro's FF8 guide.

During the Emerald Weapon fights, not only is "Knights Of Round" your friend, so is "Omnislash". However, there is something you should remember. Emerald's attack "Aire Tam Storm" is based upon the amount of materia you have equipped. 1111 HP for every materia, so have a general maximum of 6-7, and an absolute maximum of 8 materia per person. Lucky 7 strike will help.

You wanna know how to beat the FF8 weapons, Jetfox?

As for Metroid Prime, I will give a slightly more detailed approach than to what I said above, albeit to the second form. Because you can only harm this creature with a Hyper Beam (by which you need to stand in a pool of blue Phazon), you must avoid it's grand slam attacks. Power Bombs help against some of the Metroids it spawns with the Phazon, so make sure you have plenty. When he disappears, check the other visors to see him. Rinse and repeat. Hard, but not as hard as you found it, Jetfox.

Resident Evil do have some tough bosses, but that's part of the challenge of a survival horror game. I just didn't get used to Code Veronica.

If anyone has any questions regarding how to beat bosses from the games I mentioned, don't hesitate to ask. I've also playe Silent Hill 1 and 3, as well as all the Metal Gear Solid games (sorry, haven't played Metal Gear), and Parasite Eve 2.

On sabbatical...

CurbRider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jul 2006, 3:03 am

Easiest:

BOWSER. Man, I don't care what anyone says, Super Mario Games KICKASS. True classics that remain loyal to true video gaming, those games that are simple but great.

Then, another easy one, the big Spider shaped Mech from MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf. Dang, that level was so easy I passed it with one try and I would play that level over and over just to hear that badass Papa Roach song Getting Away With Murder. (A song I coincidently happen to be listening to now)

Hardest:

Gotta say the big skull dude Mech in Mech 2.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2006, 12:15 pm

Lets see, so many games to mention.

If I beat an RPG final boss in the first try, then its just not hard enough.

Recently Dragon Quest VIII was like this. I was gearing up for a final battle to end all final battles, and to lose many times trying to over take the final boss. But nope, went down the first time I tried. Was really easy actually, I didn't even have any problems. Which is a shame since many other bosses in the game were pretty hard, DhoulMagus and Empyria in particular.

Final Fantasy V had another boss fight that I thought would be insanely hard, but I eneded up beating it without much problem. It seems these games with optional bosses tend to hold back on the main boss or something.

Finaly Fantasy IV and VI had some pretty hard final boss fights. IV in particular, When Zeromus does attacks that can kill most of your group... and you have two guys low on health that need to somehow raise the rest while not dieing. Thats some fun.

Metriod Prime games have hard satisfing boss fights. Nothing impossible, but when you beat the game its an accomplishment.

Viewtiful Joe has some of the hardest boss fights of any game. I can't even beat it, but the game is so cool though.

Ganon in Zelda: OoT was pretty easy, another boss I beat on the first time. It was a cool experience to play.

The Dark Dragon final boss in the Shining force game, that was a really hard boss if I remember.

Lavous from Chrono Trigger was pretty hard too. But not super hard, a fun boss fight to a fun game though.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2006, 6:46 pm

Pugly wrote:
Final Fantasy V had another boss fight that I thought would be insanely hard, but I eneded up beating it without much problem. It seems these games with optional bosses tend to hold back on the main boss or something.

Finaly Fantasy IV and VI had some pretty hard final boss fights. IV in particular, When Zeromus does attacks that can kill most of your group... and you have two guys low on health that need to somehow raise the rest while not dieing. Thats some fun.

Zeromus is challenging, but not as challenging as some other bosses. Granted, his "Big Bang" attack does a lot of damage.

When you mean FFV, do you mean the final boss battle against Exdeath and Neo-Exdeath? I heard he was the hardest end boss in the series, although apparently Shinryu and Omega from that game are harder.

Kefka was piss-easy. I just got as many of my characters to learn "Ultima", then pound his derriere each time with Ultima. Only lost one character. Just have to watch out for the final form with "Fallen One" and "Flare Star".

On sabbatical...

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2006, 9:49 pm

culex in mario rpg was kinda hard and took an extremely long time to beat.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2006, 11:56 pm

What the heck does Culex look like? I found out that his battle music is the Boss Music from FF4.

On sabbatical...

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 10:14 am

Quatermass wrote:
Zeromus is challenging, but not as challenging as some other bosses. Granted, his "Big Bang" attack does a lot of damage.

When you mean FFV, do you mean the final boss battle against Exdeath and Neo-Exdeath? I heard he was the hardest end boss in the series, although apparently Shinryu and Omega from that game are harder.

Kefka was piss-easy. I just got as many of my characters to learn "Ultima", then pound his derriere each time with Ultima. Only lost one character. Just have to watch out for the final form with "Fallen One" and "Flare Star".

I know Final Fantasy V Exdeath is supposed to be really hard, but I didn't have much trouble. I think I worked the class system pretty well so i didn't have much of a problem. I didn't bother with the extra bosses though.

Kefka has the potential to be easy, if you ultra level and learn tons of spells. But the first time I fought him he was tough, I forget what level I was but I didn't take any time to level up chars or learn all the spells on everyone. I didn't use every character, so when I was down to using someone I hadn't really botherd to play on the final Kefka part... it got pretty hard. And pretty fun though.

Once I got all the chars up to lvl 99, and worked the esper system to increase all my stats on lvl up... it was really easy. I beat the game with just 3 characters on the final dungeon. That was fun.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 6:37 pm

Pugly wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

I know Final Fantasy V Exdeath is supposed to be really hard, but I didn't have much trouble. I think I worked the class system pretty well so i didn't have much of a problem. I didn't bother with the extra bosses though.

Kefka has the potential to be easy, if you ultra level and learn tons of spells. But the first time I fought him he was tough, I forget what level I was but I didn't take any time to level up chars or learn all the spells on everyone. I didn't use every character, so when I was down to using someone I hadn't really botherd to play on the final Kefka part... it got pretty hard. And pretty fun though.

Once I got all the chars up to lvl 99, and worked the esper system to increase all my stats on lvl up... it was really easy. I beat the game with just 3 characters on the final dungeon. That was fun.

Ah, I understand. If you used the FF5 class system. Yes, I see what you mean. Sorry, I never played the game through to the end.

FF6, I had most of my characters at level 70 or thereabouts, and had most of them learn Ultima. Kefka's Tower wasn't a cakewalk, but Kefka was.

On sabbatical...

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 7:10 pm

ok i have some more.

hardest

biolizard sonic adventure 2 battle
it took me 16 days to finally beat him and that's trying everyday and losing. needless to say i was a little bit happy when he died. :D

egg scorpion from sonic adventure DX
this guy was just a pain.

xadlin kingdom hearts 2
no seriously i had trouble killing this guy he was constantly beating my arse in. >_<

easiest

ansem\xehanort's heartless kingdom hearts all battles
jeez i have not lost to him yet he would be harder if he would fight on the ground like xemnas.

saix kingdom hearts 2
he's just mainly annoying not to hard though. but i love watching him go beserk.

Dave_19_Essex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jul 2006, 7:19 pm

Hardest
---------------
Physco mantis from Metal Gear Solid - This guy was so damn hard i remember spending hours frustrated trying to beat him only to read in a magazine that you needed to switch the control ports in order for his mind reading not to work

I'll have a think about the easiest and post them later.