Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jdenault
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2011, 10:39 am

The book page has a link to follow if you know about a book dealing with any form of autism that should be listed there. I have an Asperger book SUCKING UP YELLOW JACKETS: Raising an undiagnosed Asperger Syndrome son obsessed with explosives and motorcycles, published last October by O-books (an imprint of John Hunt Publishing Ltd) (UK.) I checked the link and described the book twice then sent a copy plus explanation to Alex Plant, not because I thought he would have time to read it, but because his was the only address I could find. This was over a period of four months. So far there has not been a reply and it is not listed on the book page. John Robeson wrote a compelling book about this experience from the point of view of the person growing up with undiagnosed Asperger Syndrome but says little about his family. My point of view is that of a parent watching a brilliant child struggling to cope with a world he didn't understand and the ways this affected him, his siblings and his equally baffled parents.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 10:45 am

+10 on the title

jdenault
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2011, 11:02 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
+10 on the title

Thanks for the plus 10. Most NTs think it's a metaphor. Most Aspies realize it's a description of a real incident.