I might get pulled out of university... :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kvornan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Mar 2011, 8:44 am

I've just discovered I've got 2 F's on my report card, and my mom has spoken that she might pull me out. Total grade is only 2.5 and I need 2.8> in order to carry a scholarship which would save on college fees. I don't know what job to go for if I do ever get pulled out, and I haven't made anything from my photographs or 3D landscaping yet..

Already, I'm really cornered in of what to do, I know I could fight on to graduate, but not as gracefully since I'll have to go a 5th year(unless I officially get pulled out or decide to drop-out). And at the same time, I can still learn how to run a freelance web design job or do freelance 3D landscaping, but I still want a degree so other would not look at me like a freak or something...

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 9:52 am

Why do you think you did so badly in the exams?

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 9:57 am

Keep on walking.

I have known many who did worse and later came back and got whatever degree they needed. And if not, there are plenty of things for which a degree is just the fancy bit of paper it looks like.

Main thing, don't let anything make you feel boxed in and no place to go. 'Tain't so.

Kvornan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2011, 11:25 pm

Lene wrote:
Why do you think you did so badly in the exams?
It's not the exams, it's the projects... :(

I feel like, if I don't turn in the project in a perfect condition, I feel like a dork. It HAS to be perfect, and if I do the project too fast, it's un-perfect. I don't know if I have OCD or not, but I do know that it's been stuck with me for my life..