Appears to want me, but there's contradiction.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 3:58 pm

If she is giving me signs such as:
after she first began to start hanging around me she started trying out several hair colors as well as dress differently
exaggerated hip movement when walking compared to previous walk
once when she was walking a bit ahead of me, she dropped something and after bending over to pick it up, looked back at me and giggled (I was trying to hide a grin atm)
we were driving by a group of quad riders and when I said I wanted one and wondered about the price, she she immediately called up her father and asked him how much he paid for the one they used to have, and asked for a quad for her upcoming birthday. Later when leaving a Taco BelI I asked the people in the car if they carried any toothpicks (they didn't). Two days later she pointed out a dispenser of them in a diner two days later, and after reminding me what she why she brought it up, it took me a few minutes to remember this insignificant thing from two days beforehand.
laughing at every joke I say even when I'm not trying to be funny
forward feet
running hands through hair
following me around
constantly playing a particular love song in my company after I mention that I am a fan of the band
the "glances"
eye-to-eye gaze

After a three whole days straight of us in each other's company (during which all of these signs were occurring) and of this behavior on her part, she starts playing a lot of rejection songs and becomes a little more distant with me. I feel it was because of my past rejections causing me to hesitate with her and backing off to keep my own distance, because there were so many times where I could have made an actual "move" but I didn't and it was after each time I did this that she would act like a girl who just had her heart broke.

But yet every time I mention that a woman appears into me I'm told that these signs don't necessarily mean that she' is. Yet her friend came up to me looking bewildered and told me that she had mentioned out of the blue that she believes she's a lesbian and that she's confused because she likes a guy but don't know how he feels about her. I was told by someone else before I even talked to her for the first time that she was supposedly a lesbian. But she's mentioned to me about an ex-boyfriend as well as ex-girlfriend, and has mentioned nothing about being lesbian to me not even while we were flirting with each other.

Her friend mentioned above who she told last night (who has mentioned to me that she admitted a crush towards in the past) didn't know this fact neither, and yet it's common knowledge to everyone else (I was made aware of this by another friend of hers later on).

When I asked her out yesterday, I got the "friend zone" result. After she even gave me the "I like someone but don't know how he feels," I came by her place to chat with her roommates (also friends of mine) and left a flash drive with a song that described how I did (wimpy but I wanted to see how she would respond and I would give her space if her reaction suggested I'd need to). I leave to go eat something, and when I come home and since I can't find my keys I had to knock and it was her that answered it, and there was no one else home. It was awkward for me because I didn't understand her motives due to her mixed signals. I sat with her for a bit while she was on her laptop, appearing to be really focused on her facebook and didn't talk much because I thought she was blowing me off and I started watching TV. After about 15 minutes of this I left the room for a few minutes and came back and she was gone. I went to her door and knocked twice even though I knew she was there and could tell she was right behind the blinds of the kitchen window next to the door.

I don't know what to do. I feel helpless and feel as though I'm backed up against the wall. I knew when I first saw her that she had a lot in common with me, and before I had even talked to her, her roommate confirmed this when I asked about her and told him about my experiences. She had even been tested for AS, which I suspected after seeing her aspie-like tendencies aside from her near-NT social skills that we both share. When I did start hanging around her, I noticed that she was basically through and through a female version of me. I wanted to just be her friend, worried that our such similar personalities would cause a conflict. But we hit it off so well and after so much chemistry and worrying that I'd hurt her, since I'd already fallen for her despite a lot of effort not to I decided to ask her out. Right now I'm scared, she's got an amazing air about her as well as looks but most of all we both understand each other more than anyone. I don't know who is rejecting who or if neither of us were in the first place. After a bit more miscommunication I'm worried that it won't be the same again and I feel like I've lost someone I've known my whole life despite knowing her for a month.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 6:07 pm

I'd leave her alone. Let her come to you. If she doesn't come to you, she's moved on and it's best that you just shake off whatever that was and move on yourself. If she does come to you, make a solid move. Kiss her. Tell her after you kiss her, "I could value you as a friend but, honestly, I want more than that. What do you want?" You couldn't get much more overt than that and she'll have to make a decision.