Page 6 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Do you wear glasses?
Yes, and I started wearing them before age 13 25%  25%  [ 208 ]
Yes, and I started wearing them before age 13 27%  27%  [ 223 ]
Yes, but I was a teenager or adult when I started wearing them 13%  13%  [ 111 ]
Yes, but I was a teenager or adult when I started wearing them 14%  14%  [ 117 ]
Sometimes 3%  3%  [ 26 ]
Sometimes 3%  3%  [ 27 ]
No, my vision is average 4%  4%  [ 35 ]
No, my vision is average 5%  5%  [ 39 ]
No, I have better vision than average 3%  3%  [ 26 ]
No, I have better vision than average 3%  3%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 840

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 7:51 am

I don't wear glasses but sometimes I think I should. I got -0,5 so some far stuffs are blurry. But it is all because of spending too much time in front of computer. Recently I started to do some "eye exercises" and it looks like my vision is getting better.

I used to wear glasses when I was a child though. My vision was fine but there was a problem with my left eye muscles - I couldn't focus it too long so I had to strengthen it. It is OK now but the left eye is still slightly weaker than right one - I usually close it when there is a lot of light while I can keep my right eye open without much problem.

BTW. Since there is summer coming I am planning to start using sunglasses. Again. And I am probably going to fail it as always. I got a problem - my nose always gets itchy in the spot where the glasses touch it. It starts instantly and continues till I take the glasses off. I can't stand it. Any suggestions?

seahawksfan46
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 May 2014, 7:52 am

ocdgirl123 wrote:
Just wondering if more Wrongplanet members wear glasses. I'm interested if their is a link between vision problems and autism. If you wear contacts normally, put "yes". I was told that I had "excellent vision" last time I got it tested.

I was reading a book with tiny printing and I wasn't having too much trouble with it, but someone else was reading to me once and she was having a hard time. (She doesn't wear glasses that I know of) so I agree.

Nope, I have 20/20 vision.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2014, 2:05 am

started wearing them in 7th grade, before that i never noticed anything with my vision...
i was the second person in my immediate family to get glasses, after my mom, and now we all have them.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Harrison54
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jun 2014, 2:18 am

Yes, since the age of 10 although I tend to wear contacts most of the time now.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2014, 10:00 am

I used to wear glasses. My issues are mostly minor so I don't need glasses to function usually. My night time vision sucks though. Street lamps and car lights all Starburst with likes that streak very far. Everything is so intense and it gives me a headache. I also see double moons, double headlamps, ghost images of led clock and so on, I just assumed this was normal.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm

my glasses broke
i have to wait until the 28th to get new ones, in the meantime my only backups are ugly as hell and i don't know where they are.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 4:30 am

mm-hmm

DreamingCloud7

06 Sep 2014, 5:43 am

Yes, all the time, since before I was 2.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2014, 6:48 pm

Yes I wear glasses, I started wearing them in the beginning of 2012. When my sis and I got our eyes checked, she thought she would need glasses, but come to find out I needed them.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 11:59 pm

i got mine either late 2009 or early 2010.
maths teacher noticed i was squinting really hard to see the projector, and she had to xerox copies of notes for me to write them down. i later got tested and i recall them saying i had 20/200 in one eye, or something like that.

anyway, here they are.

Charmant CX 7169 with flexible memory metal, and transition lenses. with my other glasses, for SOME stupid reason i'd get the nickname "harry potter".

i've since stopped wearing them in public and started wearing a beanie everywhere (sensory issue). only when needed, they're on.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 2:50 am

No but I can, I have some...but really light prescription as my eyesight is not that horrid, and ended up just going without them but if I felt like wearing them I could but I do not need them.

Caelum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Apr 2015, 11:24 am

I started wearing glasses in middle school and I wore them every day right up till I got PRK to correct my vision. While I was in the military the hospital had acquired a laser and wanted to keep it used, and my commander wanted everyone to get the surgery who wanted to, so the process was relatively easy.

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2015, 8:12 am

I have a number of visual issues and have been wearing glasses since I was two years old.

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 5:24 pm

I do so occasionally. I'm both nearsighted and farsighted, so the change isn't really that noticeable. But sometimes my depth perception is affected, and I need them.

incomplete
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2015, 4:41 pm

Yes :nerdy:

Ben_Is_My_Only_God
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2015, 9:43 am

I never needed to wear glasses until I was diagnosed with a serious health problem. Now I wear glasses for reading and when I'm using my PC.

345 is a nice number on which to end.

Bimog And The Search For Pangea