Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Whirlwind
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Mar 2011, 10:47 pm

i would like to meet other lesbian aspie's. I am 28 and live in south louisiana. I love to hike, camp, read, write and travel. I'm an open person and very honest. I'm laid back and very sweet.

beanie93
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Mar 2011, 1:27 am

hi nice to meet you im Sam

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Mar 2011, 7:14 pm

What area in south Louisiana are you from Whirlwind? I'm a guy but I'm in south Louisiana myself(Thibodaux Houma area) & I'd like to have some friends

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ravingjoy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2011, 8:14 pm

Aloha, I'm 59 and live on the Big Island of Hawaii. would love to meet other Aspie lesbies. Just discovered this, and would love to talk.

Ysone
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Apr 2011, 7:04 pm

Wow. 59 lives in Hawaii and a lesbian, you must be really cool.
I am Yvonne 19 lives in texas. nice meeting you guys.

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2011, 2:39 pm

Hi all. Is this thread still going? ...I'm a 41 year old lesbian currently in Fresno, CA - gone back to school here.

ScaredofWorld
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2011, 1:46 am

Hi, I am a 22 year old gay aspie currently in NJ.

yellowLedbetter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2011, 8:01 pm

Hi. I'm Courtney, from St. Louis. Not a lesbian, but I guess technically bisexual. I'm also a self-diagnosed aspie.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

12 Jun 2011, 4:46 am

I am 34 bisexual/maybe lesbian in middle Georgia.
I like art, poetry, fiber art, nature, have done some camping, like off-gridding, self sustainability.
I love learning about endangered arts....which are artistic traditions by indigenous peoples who are loosing their traditions to pop culture.

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jun 2011, 5:03 pm

Georgia is cool...Do you speak with a twang, jojobean? :)

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

12 Jun 2011, 11:58 pm

Dae wrote:

Well I was born in oklahoma..lived in IL. as a kid and moved to GA when I was in middle school. I was raised by an okie and a yankie, so I have a very mixed accent. Alittle yankie, little okie, little deaf speach (I am legally deaf), and have a slight southern draw which I can turn on or off depending on the company I keep.
I can really do a syrupy southern belle accent if I want to, but it is not the way I normally talk.
Some words that I say are very yankie, while others are southern...so I am just a mixed bag. Like the rest of me, I dont fit neatly in any category.
In case you were wondering, I am a military brat.
But yes GA is cool...it is also very hot too...107 heat index tomorrow...yikes. I will be hugging my A/C
In Georgia, summer is like winter in the north...most people stay inside. Only those asking for it are running around in the 100+ degree weather. When it gets like that, it feels like breathing into an oven.

Of course being anything but straight/white /male/baptist is really hard in GA.
women's lib never really happened here...women still have to ask their man if they can get their hair cut 8O
and being GLBT in the GA is best done low key...cause it can get you hurt.

Jojo

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jun 2011, 2:47 am

jojobean wrote:
women's lib never really happened here...women still have to ask their man if they can get their hair cut 8O

Jojo

Wow, are you serious about the hair-cutting thing? I live a hour or two north of Atlanta. I'm not exactly in the middle of nowhere, but I live in a town with no traffic lights and no post office. They just harvested the wheat field last week and the tractors seriously slowed down traffic on the one road to town. So, I do kind of live out in the sticks, but I've never heard of people being that sexist. Then again, I've got family in the absolute middle of nowhere, Alabama. I could definitely see that being true there. They grow their own food. 0-0

Granted, I'm a 20 year old college student who's naive and never really seen much of the world, but I've never been worried about coming out, not when it comes strangers. I think the T part of the GLBT community might have some serious issues this part of the world, but those of us dating the "wrong" gender just seem to get a lot of mean looks and words, not so much the mean actions.

But like I said, young and naive. Is it really true? Are things still really that bad here? It seems almost impossible. That's supposed to happen in places like Uganda, not America, even if this is the south...

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 10:43 am

jojobean wrote:
Dae wrote:

Well I was born in oklahoma..lived in IL. as a kid and moved to GA when I was in middle school. I was raised by an okie and a yankie, so I have a very mixed accent. Alittle yankie, little okie, little deaf speach (I am legally deaf), and have a slight southern draw which I can turn on or off depending on the company I keep.
I can really do a syrupy southern belle accent if I want to, but it is not the way I normally talk.
Some words that I say are very yankie, while others are southern...so I am just a mixed bag. Like the rest of me, I dont fit neatly in any category.
In case you were wondering, I am a military brat.
But yes GA is cool...it is also very hot too...107 heat index tomorrow...yikes. I will be hugging my A/C
In Georgia, summer is like winter in the north...most people stay inside. Only those asking for it are running around in the 100+ degree weather. When it gets like that, it feels like breathing into an oven.

Jojo

I have a hearing impairment, not legally deaf, though. :D

The idea of women having to ask their husband if they want to get a hair cut is weird, to me.

Also, I'm 16 and I live in the UK.

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jun 2011, 1:34 pm

I spent a few years in Florida (Fernandina Beach/Yulee area) and would sometimes go into Georgia for a quick day trip. I still remember getting 'tater logs' and some 'collared greens' on those trips. lol I can also remember how determined some of the 'Southern' men were in "a man's a man and a woman's not quite as important as my best hunting dog"... I used to think it was just the region but have traveled/moved around a lot since then. Can now see that mentality's everywhere, just manifested in some very different ways. I sure hope all my Aspie sisters will take good care, no matter where they are.

jojobean, do you use ASL? I've been learning it, but often can't find a practice partner 'conducive' to how I am/study. :?

Dae

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 12:01 am

mori_pastel wrote:
jojobean wrote:

Jojo

Wow, are you serious about the hair-cutting thing? I live a hour or two north of Atlanta. I'm not exactly in the middle of nowhere, but I live in a town with no traffic lights and no post office. They just harvested the wheat field last week and the tractors seriously slowed down traffic on the one road to town. So, I do kind of live out in the sticks, but I've never heard of people being that sexist. Then again, I've got family in the absolute middle of nowhere, Alabama. I could definitely see that being true there. They grow their own food. 0-0

Granted, I'm a 20 year old college student who's naive and never really seen much of the world, but I've never been worried about coming out, not when it comes strangers. I think the T part of the GLBT community might have some serious issues this part of the world, but those of us dating the "wrong" gender just seem to get a lot of mean looks and words, not so much the mean actions.
But like I said, young and naive. Is it really true? Are things still really that bad here? It seems almost impossible. That's supposed to happen in places like Uganda, not America, even if this is the south...

It all depends what circles you hang out in. My brother is a redneck and alot of his friends and friend's parrents dictate everything a woman is allowed to do or not do, including what kind of make-up she can wear and how to cut her hair because a woman is seen as a part of a man's image to others. A woman here has no prestege by her own merit, but whom she is married to. This is not spoken, but a deeply ingrained unspoken rule that puts a glass ceiling above single women. Being lesbian often gets one told "waste of good p****" and in some cases raped to "prove to her that she will like it" and being a gay guy can come with physical risks to his health or life...a few years ago, a gay man was killed coming out of a gay bar and the court gave the killers a really light sentance.

There is alot about the south that goes on deep below the surface. Many will play a role of civility in public and then let their true culture come out where no "outsiders" are looking.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jun 2011, 2:45 pm

jojobean wrote:
It all depends what circles you hang out in. My brother is a redneck and alot of his friends and friend's parrents dictate everything a woman is allowed to do or not do, including what kind of make-up she can wear and how to cut her hair because a woman is seen as a part of a man's image to others. A woman here has no prestege by her own merit, but whom she is married to. This is not spoken, but a deeply ingrained unspoken rule that puts a glass ceiling above single women. Being lesbian often gets one told "waste of good p****" and in some cases raped to "prove to her that she will like it" and being a gay guy can come with physical risks to his health or life...a few years ago, a gay man was killed coming out of a gay bar and the court gave the killers a really light sentance.

There is alot about the south that goes on deep below the surface. Many will play a role of civility in public and then let their true culture come out where no "outsiders" are looking.

You know, though, I've noticed what you said about a woman's success being hinged on who she's married to in major Hollywood movies. I don't think that's just a southern thing. I was watching "Just Go With It" (the newest Adam Sandler movie where he pretends to be married to pick up women) and this movie was just rife with that kind of sexism. When the table are turned and the female character decides to lie to impress her old college buddy, she does so not by embellishing her own job as assistant to Sandler's character, but by embellishing SANDLER's job as her fake husband. And as the movie progresses, the woman she's trying to impress does the exact same thing.

And it's not like it's just this one movie, it's every movie you watch today. They try to dress it up and make it look nice, saying that it's not sexism, it's romance, because it's romantic that a woman's life is never complete without a husband and kids and that mere financial and career success is never enough. And I do accept that there is some validity to that argument. We do a a society in general put a high value on romance as the ultimate happiness. But I think where the movie-makers run into trouble/sexism is that more women in movies have to give up their careers to attain happiness while men are more likely to be able to achieve both.

So really, I think that form of sexism exists in all levels of our society, and it's just regionally that you see it get stronger or weaker.

And, man... I know you can hear about all that stuff (rape/violence/murder) happening on TV, but it's really hard for me to wrap my head around the concept that it could still be happening in my own backyard. But then, I have a hard time believing that ANYONE could do those kinds of things to ANYONE... If the world were as nice of a place a I think it is, it'd be a much better place to live. : (