Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Konpaku
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2011, 7:20 am

Someone I know offline in a loose way I have always suspected of being an Aspie ever since I was diagnosed, myself. I recognised many of the traits in him that I also have.

However, we don't get along too well. None of our interests really collide and so our conversations tend to bore each other quite a lot, usually just one-sided by me or him.

However, today I noticed him reading a textbook on Aspergers Syndrome. The very same textbook I turned to whilst I was still in the process of being diagnosed.

Should I approach him, ask him why he is interested, and perhaps tell him that I myself am an aspie?

I want to help, but we're not exactly friends. I don't think we would get along too well as friends anyway.

I just know how difficult it can be as an aspie, and if he is one, I would like to offer my support.

nunctecognovi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2011, 7:43 am

I would talk to him. Probably he is trying to understand if he has AS and you can help him with your own point of view.

nunctecognovi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2011, 7:43 am

I would talk to him. Probably he is trying to understand if he has AS and you can help him with your own point of view.

Konpaku
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Mar 2011, 5:21 am

I did it. He was indeed considering the possibility of being an Aspie. Unfortunately, he doesn't want an official diagnosis, having fears it would prevent him running for a government position, something he has always wanted to do, but...

No matter, I suppose it's good enough even if he is self diagnosed and now has me, a professionally diagnosed aspie, to speak with if he has concerns.

Thank you! I'm happy I could help him in some manner.