Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

d510g1c
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Mar 2011, 12:27 am

quite an ironic story, i'm now 23 years old, went to community college for nuclear medicine, graduated at 19 got a degree and passed to boards with distinction wasn't able to find a job in that field so i was referred to the job i currently am employed at.

right now i work at a state owned research facility that provides care for developmentally disabled and mentally ret*d wards of the state. obviously my deficit with the skill of commucation is what prevented me from landing a nuclear medicine job, but for that in a way i am grateful because working where i currently am is what eventually led me to the realization that i'm an aspie. seeing certain characteristics of people with severe autism is what opened my eyes to how different i am to nts and similar in ways to people with autism.

this job is very rewarding as far as being able to assist the clients i work for, the problem i run across is the other staff members can see something is wrong with me and thinking i can't tell what they are doing they tease me or talk like i am ret*d or should live at the facility instead of work there (nevermind the fact that my iq is obviously an average of 20 points higher than the majority of the other staff members).

anyway i'm getting sick of being viewed as inferior just for my lacking social ability when it is so obvious i am far more intellectual than the majority of my peers. i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of some career choices that would go along with my set of unique interests, without constant socializing.

i am not exactly a believer in any of the following subjects but very much enjoy researching and learning about:

philosophy
religion
psychology
sociology

an ASPIE

rabbit90
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Mar 2011, 4:37 am

Get into the sex industry, there are a variety of jobs and what not. I hear the pay can be good as well.

I suggest being a stripper. Go and be merry.

blackrosechef
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Mar 2011, 3:06 pm

well, i won't BS you my three favorite subject inschool where philosophy, theology, and history

we seem to share two or the same interests this falll i am trying to hit college again and i am starting at freshmen level

but may i suggest political science........yeah i know......but you could work for the state dept or a congress amn office there are loss of options

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 9:07 am

Archeology/Ancient History...that way you can study those aspects of a society that doesnt exist anymore. Neuclear med may also help

and that field is as big as the world is old