Two Democrat Officials Charged in Fake Tea Party Scheme

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 11:17 am

(UPDATED) This one does not look good for the Democratic Party in Michigan: Two county-level party officials have been hit with felony charges in an alleged scheme to put bogus Tea Party candidates on the ballot to draw votes away from Republicans. (Via Jim Geraghty.)

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_ ... ty_charges

This is starting to look like a pattern actually.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 6:06 pm

Doesn't surprise me at all.
They'll stoop to anything then accuse the right of being dirty.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 6:10 pm

I liked the tea party before it became corporate. It no longer represents my views, it's pro-establishment instead of change now. It's become a booster for the GOP. In the beginning it was against both parties, it saw past the left-right paradigm and viewed it as what it is.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 6:22 pm

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
I liked the tea party before it became corporate. It no longer represents my views, it's pro-establishment instead of change now. It's become a booster for the GOP. In the beginning it was against both parties, it saw past the left-right paradigm and viewed it as what it is.

This is about 2 Democrats being up on felony charges for fraud among other things. The Tea Party is its own entity, it can and will run against Republicans, however the Republicans and Tea Party Candidates draw from the same base. Hence the reason why these two Democrats tried to rig the election.

budgenator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2011, 8:23 pm

Our GovernorRick Snyder
"(born August 19, 1958), an American businessman and nazi facist from the Republican Party, he is the 48th and current Governor of the state of Michigan" :lol:
really isn't a political insider, and seems to be an equal opportunity ox gorer. Many of the Union lackey Democrats are genuinely afraid their cash-cow is coming to an end and our government will have to start living within it's means; stay tuned this is going to get good if you like drama,we're almost as good as Wisconsin. And I do mean more dramatic than wikipedia vandalism

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 8:40 pm

budgenator wrote:
Our GovernorRick Snyder
"(born August 19, 1958), an American businessman and nazi facist from the Republican Party, he is the 48th and current Governor of the state of Michigan" :lol:
really isn't a political insider, and seems to be an equal opportunity ox gorer. Many of the Union lackey Democrats are genuinely afraid their cash-cow is coming to an end and our government will have to start living within it's means; stay tuned this is going to get good if you like drama,we're almost as good as Wisconsin. And I do mean more dramatic than wikipedia vandalism

Yeah, be on the lookout for rampant voter fraud among other things.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 3:46 am

No inuyasha they now take from the same base, but they where more libertarian before, if they take too many GOP candidates they will lose their identity of fail as a political movement. As it stands they already but too many establishment right wingers into office.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 3:51 am

Sounds like entrepreneurialism to me. Shame they got caught.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 4:16 am

jamieboy wrote:

you think that it is a shame they got caught defrauding peoples out of a proper political choice? You are either being silly or advocating dishonesty. Which is it?

ruveyn

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 4:21 am

ruveyn wrote:
jamieboy wrote:

you think that it is a shame they got caught defrauding peoples out of a proper political choice? You are either being silly or advocating dishonesty. Which is it?

ruveyn

The were trying to give them an extra political choice as far as i can tell. I'm all for it.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 5:02 pm

jamieboy wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
jamieboy wrote:

ruveyn

The were trying to give them an extra political choice as far as i can tell. I'm all for it.

Sounds like in a Democrat's mind the ends justify the means and only the peons have to follow the law.

These two are facing 9 felony charges.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 6:15 am

I define peon as Republican operative, fellow traveler or supporter.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 6:27 am

jamieboy wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
jamieboy wrote:

ruveyn

It was a scheme to deceive, plain and simple. It is no better than stuffing the ballot box with phony ballots.

ruveyn

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 7:06 am

ruveyn wrote:
jamieboy wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
jamieboy wrote:

ruveyn

It was a scheme to deceive, plain and simple. It is no better than stuffing the ballot box with phony ballots.

ruveyn

I suppose i'm against it. I find it incredible difficult not to troll this Inuyasha. He may aswell have a neon flashing sign after his every utterance saying "Troll me".

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 12:00 pm

jamieboy wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
jamieboy wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
jamieboy wrote:

ruveyn

ruveyn

I suppose i'm against it. I find it incredible difficult not to troll this Inuyasha. He may aswell have a neon flashing sign after his every utterance saying "Troll me".
That's your problem not his. I suppose you have no problems with agent provocateurs as long as they're trolling the other side?

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 12:04 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
jamieboy wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
jamieboy wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
jamieboy wrote:

ruveyn

ruveyn

That's your problem not his. I suppose you have no problems with agent provocateurs as long as they're trolling the other side?

No, I've conceded that ballot rigging is wrong. It has nothing to do with most of the organised Left and any attempt to tie it to them is obviously partisan and ridiculous, hence my trolling. Try reasoning with the OP if you prefer.