Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Gideon
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2011, 7:51 am

I love to learn and I take all kinds of classes. In many classes they force you to work with a team on projects. Does anyone here just take over and do the project for the team. I doubt I have ever been in any school team environment where I didn't do all the work because it was irritating to work with people who aren't interested in the subject or just too slow to keep up.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 8:04 am

No, I'm sorry to say that I used to be the one that bogs everyone down... Group projects are very difficult and overwhelming for me.
However, this did change in college, where partner projects have allowed me to do 1/2 independently, which works quite nicely. I haven't experienced any larger group projects, yet, beyond class exercises, but I'm sure they'll happen.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 8:50 am

I'm not a good team-worker, I used to think too negatively in teams at the uni, though I did my part. Later in a postgraduate class I tried to grab initiative, and partly succeeded. Two years ago I managed to organize a bicycle tour for 3 people (inc. me) and finally it was a success. :)

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 9:05 am

I think it's very common in group projects for one person to end up doing all the work. This is true for NTs as well.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 9:45 am

I would either be one way or the other. If the other people weren't interested enough, I'd end up doing it all. But if they were, I'd end up doing nothing, because I didn't know how to contribute in that matter, sort of like in conversations where more than 2 people are talking.