Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

mrandysmiley
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2011, 11:09 pm

Hello fellow Wrong Planet Members,
I thought I would share this in the haven as I find it is a good place to share feelings. I am very nervous and bothered right now about my future. I am moving away from home for the first time in about five months. I am also starting a two year radio and television arts program at a community college in another province. I am nervous because I feel that I will not do well in the program. I feel Aspergers will be an obstacle. I feel that it will prevent me from reaching my full potential and making friends/contacts. Ever since I was a kid, I have wanted to work in Television News. I idolized the local T.V. News anchor and I wanted to do exactly what he did when I grew up. As I got older, my interests changed and I gravitated more towards radio. Right now, I cannot really make up my mind. T.V. News is slightly more stable smd Radio is a dying business. But, I feel that I will make an ass of myself and that I will fail miserably. I have the passion and interest but I am not sure if I have the talent and this makes me depressed. This is my key interest and has been for quite sometime. I don't know if this is enough. I want to do this as a career but I do not think I would be any good. I do have a radio show and people that have listened to it like my music choices and say that I am good but, I do not think I am that good talking on air. I think that I sound boring. I feel that Aspergers is preventing me from sounding good on air. I did go through four years of University and got a degree but I don't even think that is enough. I feel really depressed about it. The rest of my life is pretty good. This though, is bothering me. Sorry to ramble on, I just had to get it off my chest.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 12:34 am

Ramble on. That's what we're here for. :) Good luck with your schooling and independence.