Your High School Graduation

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


In which decade did you/will you graduate from high school?
1950s or earlier 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1960s 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
1970s 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
1980s 10%  10%  [ 12 ]
1990s 13%  13%  [ 15 ]
2000s 38%  38%  [ 46 ]
2010s or later 34%  34%  [ 41 ]
Total votes : 120

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,154
Location: Arlington, Texas

26 Mar 2011, 8:25 pm

In which decade did you graduate from high school? If you haven't graduated yet, which decade will you graduate in?

I graduated from high school in 2010.


_________________
What fresh hell is this?


Orcist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 4 Mar 2011
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 34

26 Mar 2011, 9:18 pm

I'm graduating later this year.



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,388
Location: Portland, Oregon

28 Mar 2011, 4:03 pm

2008 is when I graduated from HS.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 328

29 Mar 2011, 1:38 am

Considering we don't have high schools in Denmark ( we do, but they play different roles), but instead 9 grades (+ kindergarten aka 0th grade) and the optional 10th grade...

I graduated 10th grade in 2005 and college in 2008



jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,993
Location: 미국

31 Mar 2011, 7:24 am

I will graduate in 2014.



jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,257
Location: Waterloo, ON, Canada

24 May 2011, 11:05 am

I graduated in 2008



catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 458
Location: Michigan

09 Jun 2011, 6:17 pm

I graduated high school in 2002.



Megz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,028

26 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

2010, had to give a speech. Still stresses me out to think about it over a year later.



Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,154
Location: Arlington, Texas

26 Jun 2011, 8:18 pm

Megz wrote:
2010, had to give a speech. Still stresses me out to think about it over a year later.


So did you graduate at the top of your class, or were you a class officer? What was your speech about?


_________________
What fresh hell is this?


Megz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,028

01 Jul 2011, 1:36 pm

Descartes wrote:
Megz wrote:
2010, had to give a speech. Still stresses me out to think about it over a year later.


So did you graduate at the top of your class, or were you a class officer? What was your speech about?


Yeah, valedictorian speech. I told everyone I was going to skip graduation and took forever to write the stupid thing. Ummm it was about how unique our class was, and how graduating high school gives you a chance to reinvent yourself, and choose who you want to be and what you want to be known for. It was pretty good, but I wish I could have had someone else read it for me. Only had about 20 panic attacks about it, starting in 8th grade believe it or not. I just tell myself that it paid for my first year of college, so it was worth it. (In Texas they have this thing that the valedictorian gets a tuition waiver for one year for any public university in the state, or two years at a community college)



Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,154
Location: Arlington, Texas

05 Jul 2011, 8:05 pm

Megz wrote:
Descartes wrote:
Megz wrote:
2010, had to give a speech. Still stresses me out to think about it over a year later.


So did you graduate at the top of your class, or were you a class officer? What was your speech about?


Yeah, valedictorian speech. I told everyone I was going to skip graduation and took forever to write the stupid thing. Ummm it was about how unique our class was, and how graduating high school gives you a chance to reinvent yourself, and choose who you want to be and what you want to be known for. It was pretty good, but I wish I could have had someone else read it for me. Only had about 20 panic attacks about it, starting in 8th grade believe it or not. I just tell myself that it paid for my first year of college, so it was worth it. (In Texas they have this thing that the valedictorian gets a tuition waiver for one year for any public university in the state, or two years at a community college)


I live in Texas! I remember there used to be this law that stated that all high school senior who graduate in the top ten percent of their class gained automatic admission into any university in Texas. I don't think that applies anymore.

I remember the speech my class valedictorian made. He basically revolved his speech around Shakespeare's "all the world's a stage" quote.


_________________
What fresh hell is this?


Megz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,028

06 Jul 2011, 1:24 pm

Descartes wrote:
Megz wrote:
Descartes wrote:
Megz wrote:
2010, had to give a speech. Still stresses me out to think about it over a year later.


So did you graduate at the top of your class, or were you a class officer? What was your speech about?


Yeah, valedictorian speech. I told everyone I was going to skip graduation and took forever to write the stupid thing. Ummm it was about how unique our class was, and how graduating high school gives you a chance to reinvent yourself, and choose who you want to be and what you want to be known for. It was pretty good, but I wish I could have had someone else read it for me. Only had about 20 panic attacks about it, starting in 8th grade believe it or not. I just tell myself that it paid for my first year of college, so it was worth it. (In Texas they have this thing that the valedictorian gets a tuition waiver for one year for any public university in the state, or two years at a community college)


I live in Texas! I remember there used to be this law that stated that all high school senior who graduate in the top ten percent of their class gained automatic admission into any university in Texas. I don't think that applies anymore.

I remember the speech my class valedictorian made. He basically revolved his speech around Shakespeare's "all the world's a stage" quote.


The top 10 percent rule still applies. Our class was about 45 so only 4 were in the top ten percent. It was funny how the people who ranked 5th and 6th were all worried that they wouldn't get into college. Our class was super competitive, so the valedictorian from the previous year would've ranked I think 7th or 8th in our class.



littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,608
Location: Canada

20 Jul 2011, 9:36 pm

I was supposed to graduate in 2002. Instead I got my diploma in 2006.


_________________
Diagnosed with classic Autism
AQ score= 48
PDD assessment score= 170 (severe PDD)
EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)


chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,823
Location: Hell :)

24 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm

2010...I just graduated. :P



DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Dec 2009
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,106
Location: Minneapolis MN USA

13 Nov 2011, 9:48 am

*Looks at poll results and suddenly feels very old*...


_________________
You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.