Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2012, 9:13 pm

I can decide who I am. Socially, who I want to be and what society in general expects of me are two very different things. I believe discovering is the first step, deciding how to change (if at all) is the second step. Another way of saying it is how to adapt. I seldom want to socialize with a large group of people, so I decide not to! :D I am not ok with how people probably view my lack of eye contact, so I'll work on faking it.

LearningTime
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2012, 9:25 pm

r84shi37 wrote:
I can decide who I am. Socially, who I want to be and what society in general expects of me are two very different things. I believe discovering is the first step, deciding how to change (if at all) is the second step. Another way of saying it is how to adapt. I seldom want to socialize with a large group of people, so I decide not to! :D I am not ok with how people probably view my lack of eye contact, so I'll work on faking it.

one of the latest language meme's is 'society' i remember when people didn't write or talk about 'society' as a word in sentences (maybe a title for essays). if you wrote in that sentence 'people' instead of 'society' i'd understand it, so what do you mean by society? the word society seems to be a meme if i guessed what it conjurs as a single word based on how the word actually sounds echolalichally id say society has a negative ring to it ie 'the high standards of society'. not just your use of the word i don't get it when anyone uses that word..