Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 8:38 am

Does anyone here use them? What is your opinion or knowledge of them?

I have done research on them before and I usually read things like below:VVV

Resistance bands are meant for injured or elderly people who have a need to gain some strength in their bodies and increase bloodflow.

Resistance bands are great for working out when you have no other way of doing it, but it will not fulfill the standard of a high quality workout most of the time.

Resistance bands can offer a full body intense work out. No weights needed other than the weight of your own. Resistance band exercises (which includes some body weight exercises) is a perfect way to get in optimal shape and look it.

Resistance bands are a good warm up for doing more strenuous exercises.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've never had resistance bands before. There was a time where I used something similar for rehabbing an injury, but the ones I had were only to increase bloodflow and minimal strength.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 9:24 am

Ive used them for years they offer the same benefits as 'free weights' but are easier to store and transport. Ebay has some really cheap and you can get very strong resistance equivalent to heavy weights.

I use mine with amy bentos all pump extreme workout and tai bo ultimate boot camp (i find dvd workouts more motivating but they are also great without).

I have a range of dumbells and kettlebells as well and I would say the bands were just as good.

skymelissaler
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2018, 2:37 am

Resistance bands are a great addition to any strength training routine, come in a variety of sizes, lengths, and strengths. I use resistance booty bands for gaining round butts and for shrinking my waist.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 7:34 pm

I use them for woodchopper core exercises, band pull aparts to work upper back, sometimes a pair for back rows, and I use them for squats along with a barbell and weights. For squats they allow both the top and the bottom of the rep to be challenging rather than just the bottom of the rep challenging as you will always have more strength near the top of the rep than the bottom.