Anyone else going to watch the royal wedding?

Page 4 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 2:55 pm

The job centre told me today I do not need to sign on because the job centre is shut for the royal wedding. at least i have gained something lol.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 9:42 am

Stephen Fry has voiced the nation's opinion on the matter:

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 9:55 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Stephen Fry has voiced the nation's opinion on the matter:

+1 to HM King Stephen of Fry :D

robin45
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2011, 3:10 pm

It will be banned in my household.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 5:22 pm

The bill is something around 30 million quid. If that were paying for teachers wages, assuming they get around 25,000 a year that is 120 teachers for year. That is quite a lot.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 12:46 am

PatrickNeville wrote:
The bill is something around 30 million quid. If that were paying for teachers wages, assuming they get around 25,000 a year that is 120 teachers for year. That is quite a lot.

And add to than the cost of the Diamond Jubilee do next year, the Royals can cut there cloth like the rest of us

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 4:28 am

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 3:30 pm

Do you not just love being a "royal subject?"

This man John Harris does interesting talks about common law and the law of the sea, which does relate quite a lot to do with laws associated with royalty. I recommend watching it as it goes into a whole lot more than that,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0IM7Hobd_k[/youtube]

Fauna
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2011, 9:05 am

No, I'm not going to watch the royal wedding. I'm even going to avoid all TVs and radios so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 10:39 am

I think it's fab. All of my non British friends are coming round here to watch it. We're going to have tea and scones. And I'm sticking up my Union Jacks. (But that'll have to wait till Friday just in case the natives get frisky and burn them down. 8O )

Kimmy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2011, 6:31 pm

Id watch the wedding if it was more like this: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN0JuIKx3gQ[/youtube]

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 7:03 am

NBC news has the royal wedding countdown. :roll: :roll: WHO CARES! Sure the woman is lucky to marry a prince. I thought that royalty has always married royalty. Queen Elizabeth married a Duke. I don't know much about UK.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 2:50 pm

They can marry who like, unless the Queen says no or they're catholic.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 6:19 pm

Asp-Z wrote:

Really it's that much I'll look in to that one. Their are comparable countries who offer "free" education and (much) poorer ones as well, why would you make education less accessible and prohibitively expensive ?

As disagreeable as it may sound to some I wish we had a Gough Whitlam as a leader some misinformed conservative commentators like to own him for our economic woes, really what was going on at that time ? world oil shock any one :roll: anyway I'm rambling he was probably one of the last Labour leaders that represented true Labour not a watered down conservative party which is what they are these days made some massive reforms in that regard , free education ! yet the selfish boomers that profited from his policies took it away . Is their a generation that is more selfish, they created the generation of the dead beat dad. after all .

I think Judge Judy ( one of my heroes) is right when she goes ape S%IT at welfare dodgers especially so the ones that claim they pay for nappies etc :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mainichi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2011, 6:34 pm

I might watch it if I'm bored. One thing that is getting annoying is all the media hype about it. It just like in school, you are not cool unless you watch it and worship the royals.

RenegadeRaven
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2011, 10:37 pm

Nope, not a fan of royalty or celebrities in general.