Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AlexUK
Raven
Raven

27 Jul 2006, 5:57 pm

"It is forbiden....for you to interfere with human history...." A line that runs very deep with me i must say!! But no what with the stuff being said about the new Superman film i remembered how when i was a kid i thought superman was the only superhero anyone could have (apart from maybe luke skywalker). To me as a kid and even now Superman is very clear cut and precise, no distractions like BATman or SPIDERman or even BANANAman!! ! I grew up with the main three feature films and i think that becuase its an individual it appeals so much, its one person that is super and can save you, and not only that but in every day life that person (ie Clarke Kent) can easily get picked on or ridiculed and its a great insperation when you see him suddenly switch and become everyones hero.

But i must stress Superman IS NOT Superman without two particular people...........Christopher Reeve and John Williams, pure magic. There is one scene in the first Superman where Reeve (as Kent) removes his glasses to reveal his real identity, and you can see it, and then he suddenly switches, puts the glasses back on and is in a split second just a plain old geeky nerd (like me) and THAT is what makes it work so well when an actor like Reeve who could pull of that part so well.

I guess im like some star wars fans that will only recognise the original films, im one who can only watch the first three Superman films, not even the fourth(i did once but.....nah). I wont go into Star Wars here as that, for me, is another story.......

Alex(uk)

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2006, 12:45 am

Slightly off-topic, but...what I found weird about "Superman Returns" was that out of anything in the film, what I remember most is the cannibalistic pomeranian. I mean, I liked the movie (despite having to REALLY suspense my disbelief at the sheer ridiculousness of much of it--I wonder how many times Supes has lost his wallet because he accidentally left it in his coat pocket...or how many times he's had to buy a new coat for that matter), but I didn't remember it for the action or performances or anything. I remembered it for that pom! Heheh.