Times when I feel unattractive...

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

07 Apr 2011, 4:46 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Bethie wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
There were some people who found it offensive, they're just not of the type to say anything.

And there's a Chinese teapot floating around the sun, we just can't see it.

Excuse me for not wanting to out the people in question. :roll:

Carry on with your presumptions, though.

And why do you think that you are even included in my "presumptions"?

I hadn't considered it, nor do I care if I was.
I just wanted to let you know that there WERE in fact people who found it insulting.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 12:25 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
Most of the guys who message me are either overweight, unattractive, middle aged, or all of the above. Am I that unappealing that I only seem to attract the lowest common denominator?

If you were a heterosexual guy saying this and calling the overweight and middle aged girls as lowest something , users of this forum would attack you for being so insensitive.

But when girls and homosexual guys rule out guys like this and call them names , it's completely okay.

Double Standard reactions.

Correct me if I am mistaken.

If you read my post, you will find you are mistaken. As you see, I reminded her that she shouldn't necessarily write men off who are a little heavy or older than what she expected.

I also believe a person shouldn't settle for someone they aren't attracted to, however, and this goes for men as well as women. But the men tend to rant that they can't get *A* woman, and typically conveniently ignore the existence of women less than perfect. If they were not omnibusing their sentiments that they can't get *A* woman with their desire for women of admittedly high caliber, so to speak, and converting any self insight into misconceptions they have of what women want in men, and then translating that to bitterness of women, I don't think anyone would take issue with it.

This poster is not complaining that she can't get *A* man while ignoring less than perfect guys who would be happy to date her. She is stating that she can't get *the* man that she wants. She has not blamed her problem on society or what she thinks men want that she doesn't meet, and she has not expressed a bitterness or resentment towards men in general. Rather, she thought to herself something along the lines of "maybe I've represented myself the wrong way in my profile....what can I do to improve it?"

So you see, it's not really a double standard. A man who came on posting the same thing as the original poster, albeit stating that he couldn't get the type of women he wants, and asking if he should change his profile, he would have received the same response from me as I gave the original poster, with references to men replaced with women.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 8:18 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
Most of the guys who message me are either overweight, unattractive, middle aged, or all of the above. Am I that unappealing that I only seem to attract the lowest common denominator?

If you were a heterosexual guy saying this and calling the overweight and middle aged girls as lowest something , users of this forum would attack you for being so insensitive.

But when girls and homosexual guys rule out guys like this and call them names , it's completely okay.

Double Standard reactions.

Correct me if I am mistaken.

If you read my post, you will find you are mistaken. As you see, I reminded her that she shouldn't necessarily write men off who are a little heavy or older than what she expected.

I also believe a person shouldn't settle for someone they aren't attracted to, however, and this goes for men as well as women. But the men tend to rant that they can't get *A* woman, and typically conveniently ignore the existence of women less than perfect. If they were not omnibusing their sentiments that they can't get *A* woman with their desire for women of admittedly high caliber, so to speak, and converting any self insight into misconceptions they have of what women want in men, and then translating that to bitterness of women, I don't think anyone would take issue with it.

This poster is not complaining that she can't get *A* man while ignoring less than perfect guys who would be happy to date her. She is stating that she can't get *the* man that she wants. She has not blamed her problem on society or what she thinks men want that she doesn't meet, and she has not expressed a bitterness or resentment towards men in general. Rather, she thought to herself something along the lines of "maybe I've represented myself the wrong way in my profile....what can I do to improve it?"

So you see, it's not really a double standard. A man who came on posting the same thing as the original poster, albeit stating that he couldn't get the type of women he wants, and asking if he should change his profile, he would have received the same response from me as I gave the original poster, with references to men replaced with women.

The OP is a he, that's why I said "...and homosexual guys".

He or she can hate and like whatever types he or she wants, I don't give a crap. Just criticized the chosen words to describe them.

Quote:
"maybe I've represented myself the wrong way in my profile....what can I do to improve it?"

It sounded more like: " I am supposed to be more attractive and hence I deserve much better than those low creatures called middle-aged and overweight men. Hélas! Where are the "A" men!"

Why a bad or the wrong-presented profiles would attract the less attractive males rather than attractive males? Seriously? It doesn't make sense to assume that there's a correlation between the presentation of your profile and how attractive the guys messaging you.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 8:40 am

Locked at the request of the OP