Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

28 Jul 2006, 10:27 pm

I was just wondering if any of you get many phone calls and from who are they normally from?

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2006, 11:26 pm

Not since I put my computer online all the time. The last call was to confirm my dentist appointment. Before that was the job offer. Before that was a wrong number.

- Emerson

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2006, 11:30 pm

i dont have a phone, so i have to make shure everyone who needs to tell me something important tells me when i see them.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 12:01 am

I don't use the telephone. Too many unsavory characters and perverted persons hang out on the telephone line.

Thank goodness the internet is such a safe, clean environment.

lae
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 12:43 am

The phone ringing makes me nervous, but we have needed it for emergencies at times. But it takes me a long time to calm down after it rings. It's usually someone wanting something, too.

kc0eks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2006, 4:06 am

Generally the only people calling me are:
My family
My one friend.. (guess who that is?)
Doctors
Or someone who knows me and needs their computer fixed..this one is starting to get old though.

I hate the phone generally. Though it is better than in person contact.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 9:36 am

I get people calling me and texting me a lot for various different reasons, usually because they want to know if I'm free one night, to chat or to ask for a favour. I mainly get calls/texts off certain friends and family members. I'm a bit broke at the moment so I don't do much calling or texting.

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 9:45 am

Not that much for me really :?

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 10:52 am

I occasionally get calls from the director of the young adult group of the church I attend, and exclusively because I'm a regular at their group meetings.

I've got one friend who called a few times recently, but that was because of activities related to a theater group that eventually didn't work out.

One other friend asked me to call her, but I didn't really know what to say, so it was kinda awkward.

I don't talk to anyone on the phone with any regularity.

Rhisiart_Steffan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 11:40 am

no.

Pharmacy Techican is not the pharmacist

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 12:02 pm

I don't usually get called that much, but I remember it drove me just straight nuts when my friend called me about 12 times a day (or sometimes less), expecting to talk for at least an hour or so last summer. I was actually afraid of the phone to ring last summer! But she doesn't call that much anymore, which is good. I do get kind of annoyed of her though because almost every single time she calls she just wants to come over, or is implying that I invite her over or me over there on short notice. I still like her, but I get annoyed with her sometimes. I know that people have different interests, yet at the same time whenever she comes over once in awhile (or whenever I go over to her house), all she wants to do is watch movies and hang out in her room; and then I leave there with a big fat headache from watching too many movies. Sometimes we do play soccer when her sister is over, but then whenever her sister isn't over, we don't play soccer or anything. She always calls up saying that she's bored, but she gets chances to do things, and I give her suggestions on what to do, but then she just wants to come over all the time, or walk around town without anywhere specific to go and almost without a plan or money or anything, and whenever she can't or I can't she just says that she has to go. Anyways, she's called me many many many times, and for an aspie that can be a wee bit annoying and frustrating. I'd really like to get called more often by my friends Christina and Aleia, however, and I'll probaby call them again soon.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

itfits
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2006, 6:18 pm

I get bussiness related phone calls all hours of the day and night but other than family I can not remember the last time anyone called me that was not trying to sell me something.
Thanks now I'm depressed. :cry:

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

29 Jul 2006, 8:21 pm

No one ever calls me. This is mainly because my friends all know that I hate phones and very few people know my phone number.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 10:19 pm

No. I got called once from a friend this summer. :oops:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 11:39 pm

No.

Only Work, family, and like, educational and professional people that need stuff.

theSPECTRE
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jul 2006, 2:20 am

I usually do the calling.

-Tony Mantanna
-Scarface

Say Good Night to the bad guy - Tony Montana
-Scarface