Reason #965,281 to not bother with single moms...

Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

15 Apr 2011, 1:23 am

You mean...this man, after he ceases acting as the two boy's parent,
is required to give their mom the $400 a month in benefits he receives from Veteran Affairs because they're LISTED AS HIS DEPENDENTS???

How utterly horrible. :roll:

Last edited by Bethie on 15 Apr 2011, 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 1:24 am

Bethie wrote:
You mean...this man, after he ceases acting as the two boy's parents,
is required to give their mom the $400 a month in benefits he receives from Veteran Affair because he LISTED THEM AS DEPENDENTS?

*giggles*

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 8:46 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
It's okay, though. A single mom wouldn't want anyone that's not dedicated to being a father figure to her children.

This.

I can't begin to tell you the amount of times I gave single moms the advice to be careful what they wish for when they begin pursuing custody and support orders.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 8:47 am

Bethie wrote:
is required to give their mom the $400 a month in benefits he receives from Veteran Affairs because they're LISTED AS HIS DEPENDENTS???

This is why some of the guys here really want a Mens forum. So they can stay in their protected little privileged bubble and pretend these are all evil women committing grave injustices against men. Poor men. :cry:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 9:20 am

Bethie wrote:

Perhaps he didn't think through the implications of his actions. But yes, that's still a bit stupid.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 11:34 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Bethie wrote:
You mean...this man, after he ceases acting as the two boy's parents,
is required to give their mom the $400 a month in benefits he receives from Veteran Affair because he LISTED THEM AS DEPENDENTS?

*giggles*

Agreed. If I wanted to make a case about how unfair the child support system can be, this would not be my example. The court decision is totally justified.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 11:44 am

wefunction wrote:
Bethie wrote:

This is why some of the guys here really want a Mens forum. So they can stay in their protected little privileged bubble and pretend these are all evil women committing grave injustices against men. Poor men. :cry:

Wrong.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 11:47 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Bethie wrote:

Wrong.

You're not omnipotent.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 11:48 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Having to pay child support for kids you haven't even adopted is wrong.

but they are adopted by him:
Quote:
i) Mr. Zacharias dedicated himself as the boys’ father during his wedding to Ms. Zacharias;

ii) Mr. Zacharias was listed as father and filled the “father role” in the boys’ baptisms;

iii) He recognized the children as dependants for Veteran Affairs, life insurance and supplementary health and dental benefits;[5]

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 11:50 am

wefunction wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Bethie wrote:

Wrong.

You're not omnipotent.

Yes, I am not , but this not the purpose of the men's forum, I was very clear in my call for it. Anyways, this is an off-topic, discuss it elsewhere.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 11:53 am

and what are the other #965,280 reasons, Ricky? Can you tell us about them one by one?

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 12:04 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Bethie wrote:

Wrong.

You're not omnipotent.

Yes, I am not , but this not the purpose of the men's forum, I was very clear in my call for it. Anyways, this is an off-topic, discuss it elsewhere.

Quit trying to boss me around. It's not your purpose of the men's forum but that's all you can say. Complete your world domination plan and then maybe you can boss me around, okay?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 12:17 pm

wefunction wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Bethie wrote:

Wrong.

You're not omnipotent.

Quit trying to boss me around. It's not your purpose of the men's forum but that's all you can say. Complete your world domination plan and then maybe you can boss me around, okay?

"Bossing you around" ? Bossing around means "hey , you , send this by fax , do it now!!" , "you have 1 minute to do this!! Move your ass!!".

You're way oversensitive lately , I'd suggest a kit kat.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 12:23 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Bethie wrote:

Wrong.

You're not omnipotent.

"Bossing you around" ? Bossing around means "hey , you , send this by fax , do it now!!" , "you have 1 minute to do this!! Move your ass!!".

When you tell people where, what and when to post, that's being bossy. Own it. I suspect you're operating under the misapprehension that these exchanges mean something more to me than a time-killer.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 12:29 pm

wefunction wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Bethie wrote:

Wrong.

You're not omnipotent.

When you tell people where, what and when to post, that's being bossy. Own it. I suspect you're operating under the misapprehension that these exchanges mean something more to me than a time-killer.

Ok, fine, it's not like I am pointing a gun at you and force you when or where to post, I was just saying this is an off-topic and we have to discuss this elsewhere.

But fine...you're free....we are all born free, no?

What do you want to discuss here in this thread? The men's forum? Kit kat? Favorite chocolate? Zorg games? You can choose any subject!

Mercurial
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 12:35 pm

You know, instead being a raging misogynist and of acting like women are parasites, let's look at this another way: there are two boys involved here. This guy acted like their father in a number of ways. He willingly got involved with their life. He even got benefits from the government by listing them as dependents. In return, I'm sure the mother provided a lot for this guy--like sex, laundry, meals, someone he could call on when he needed any thing, like if he was sick or his car broke down, financial support via a second income, etc. etc. The usual stuff that comes from being in a relationship.

So you're saying a man can insert himself into the lives of two young boys, acting as their father, and reap all the benefits of being in a relationship with their mother, and then he can just walk away?

Who's the parasite in that equation? Why is it that a man has NO accountability in such a situation? Why is the woman the villain for making the man accountable? Do you have any grasp of what relationships are about? They are not things you just turn on and off. You're impacting another person's life, and when you are not accountable for yourself in that relationship, you can really hurt people--not just that person you're involved in, but whoever else is close to them and could be affected by the pain you caused your ex and any damage your departure brought to your ex's life.

You don't want to be accountable to other people? Fine. Then don't date. Anyone. Period. Ever. Not just single mothers--anyone. No one should have to deal with you. No one should be have to be burdened with the regret of wasting their time on you. No one deserves to put up with such selfish a-holery.