Weird goings on with my eye color?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 9:28 am

PLEASE could you answer this quesiton becuase i am alarmed by this

only 4 years ago when i was 17 i think my eyes were completely brown and were that color in my childhoood as well then when i got 18 they developed a bit of green in them. now at 21 my eyes are still greeney brown but now they are developing more and more blue/white greyish streaks in the backgound of my iris. inside my eyes just look a brownish green color but when outside or shine a light on my eyes the blue and the green really comes out? Can I mention that my right eye only has blue streaks in it and my left eye is only a green/brown color with nothing else in the mixture

My mother has greeney brown eyes and my farther has blue eyes.

A few weeks i did have trauma to my right eye becuase i had an eye stye removed at the hosptal but i always noticed the blue in my right eye before i had the operation. i had my eyesight tested before the operation and i past all the eye sight tests they gave me so i have good vision.

Foolishly after the operation when i had an eye patch on me i got to an argument with my brother which resulted in blood coming out of my eye becuase i shouted but my eye recovered very well never the less.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 9:36 am

What's the question?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 9:48 am

Well i am just wondering why my eye color has gone like this?????

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 10:18 am

Because it's suffered trauma?

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 10:32 am

Maybe you should get a checkup from your doctor just to be sure your eyes are ok.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 11:02 am

Yeah but they still had bits of blue in them before the trauma. mind you though i am noticking more blue flecks in my iris since the operation but that could just be my imagination?

i already have had my eyes checked because i past the eyesight test at the hospital???

How long does it take for trauma to show up in the eyes?????????? i suppouse this can happen after getting a stye removed.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 11:32 am

I agree. Talk to your doctor.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 11:42 am

Why do these things always happen to me :roll: surely the would have told me about this before the operation?

TO be honest when i look in the mirror both my eyes look the same color its only when i shine a light on my eyes that is a lot more noticible the different colors in both eyes.

i could be developing what David Bowie has got with his eyes. is it reversable???

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Apr 2011, 12:01 pm

CR is right - go and see your doctor about it.

And while you're there...
Well, you know what else you need to talk to him about. :wink:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 12:31 pm

Is thier a chance that the doctor will say that there is nothing wrong with my eyes?

Cornflake stop trying to diagnose me all the time things are hard enough in my life as they are at the moment. i am trying to find a job etc so i have got a lot on my mind. You seem like a nice guy and all but you know i have got a lot of ohter thngs to deal with in my life.

Starlight-Supernova
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2011, 1:13 pm

Don't people who go blind have bluey green over their pupils as if they're zombies?

I always get told me eyes are more blue in the morning and green at night...so I assume I have a perfect balance of both.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 2:07 pm

there is definitely a chance that there is nothing wrong. considering that you probably didn't shine a light into your eyes very often before you had the problem with the stye, you might be just finally noticing an anomaly that you've had your whole life. it would be a good idea to see adoctor of some kind if you are worried though.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 3:19 pm

hyperlexian could it just be the background color of my iris? I think my eyes are what you call 'hazel' they used to be compeletly brown 4 years ago untill i started developing green in them at the age of 17 or 18.

Just goes to show you that it is bs that after the age of 2 your eye color stays the same for the rest of your life.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Apr 2011, 3:29 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Cornflake stop trying to diagnose me all the time things are hard enough in my life as they are at the moment. i am trying to find a job etc so i have got a lot on my mind. You seem like a nice guy and all but you know i have got a lot of ohter thngs to deal with in my life.
Jamesy, you know full well that me and lots others have answered your many other 'What if I have ...' questions as best we can, and more importantly have told you many, many times that absolutely no-one here can diagnose you in any way. And for your information - my suggesting that you see your doctor about your eyes and the other things is quite patently not any type of diagnosis. At best, it's a suggestion - and one on which you should act.

The only way you will get definitive answers for your eye problem and the many other things going on in your life is to seek professional advice.
Yet here you are again, asking non-professionals to give you a professional opinion through a forum.
You will not get an answer. You will get a sympathetic hearing, suggestions and hand-holding - but ultimately, nothing which will be of actual, practical use in resolving your problems.

You're even asking "Is thier a chance that the doctor will say that there is nothing wrong with my eyes?"
What??! ! 8O Are you serious? How can you expect anyone here to answer this question on your doctor's behalf?

Go and see your doctor. You will get an exact and professional answer directly from him.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 3:33 pm

Okay i am being a dick i am sorry :?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Apr 2011, 3:37 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Okay i am being a dick i am sorry :?
No, please don't apologise - it's not necessary.
It's clear these things are worrying you and we can all sympathise with that - but for God's sake man, you are going to have to act for yourself.
I wish any of us could do it for you - but unfortunately, none of us can.