mother of autistic child gets 8-10 in the framingham pen

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 10:46 am

kristen labrie who was convicted of attempted murder in essex county,ma superior court a few days ago has been sentenced to not less than 8 and not more than 10 years in prison.she will probably serve her sentence at mci framingham which is the massachusetts corectional institution for women in mass.i made a post in the general disscusion forum on her conviction and john browning made a post on this forum if you want to read the history.she was accused of withholding medication for her cancer stricken son who also is autistic.you can read more on bostonherald.com.interestingly my mother was born in mci framingham she was adopted and i dont know why my grandmother was incarcerated.although i met my mothers biological uncle who was a bookmaker in springfield,mass

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 11:31 pm

That's weak! :evil:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 12:11 am

John_Browning wrote:
i assume you mean the sentence was to light is that what you meant or is that a reference to something else

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 12:29 am

vermontsavant wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
i assume you mean the sentence was to light is that what you meant or is that a reference to something else

Yeah, she got off easy.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 1:01 am

she did get a light sentence your right she should have gotten more time,im not saprised if your read my original post in the general forum i predicted the sentence almost to a t.mass is infested with violent crime and she had no previous record so she was a low priority to the da and judge.this year in boston a trooper and a pizza delivery guy was murdered not to mention the quadrouple homicide that included two children,it has been a bloody year in boston.i agree with you on gun laws mass has so many gun regulations but nothing can stop the torrent violence.vermont has no gun laws yet no violent crime

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 9:06 am

I think that she should have got far longer in jail

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 4:07 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
I think that she should have got far longer in jail
i agree but the mass justice system is overwhelmed by violence and to the DA it just ouldnt be A priority.its been a tragic year for boston

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 5:16 am

It's interesting, I read about this first on a non auty forum, and everyone was saying, "what a terrible position for the mother to be in," and "I don't know what I'd have done in her position..." as though just being autistic put us on a par with... I don't know, the pet dog. If this is allowed then the next step will be parents of NT's withholding meds... oh hang on, no. NT's are real people, auties aren't.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 6:30 am

two things bother me about this case.if the kid was so sensative to the chemo than why didnt the mother put jeremy in the bostons childrens hospital while he was getting the treatment istead of just stopping the chemo.also where was the father when all of this going on.sad and sick and twisted story.she may have gotten a light sentence but cons especialy women inmates dont like child killers and cons often have thre own code of justice

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 6:36 am

She should be sentenced for life.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 8:14 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
She should be sentenced for life.
i dont realy know its complex case.8 years is a little light.there are two types of life terms in massachusetts.2nd degree murder (extreme emtional disturbance) is 15 years to life.1st degree murder(cold calculated premeditated murder )carries life without parole.i dont think she a cold blooded killer nut 8 years seems light but she was never charged with murder only atempted murder.judges must follow sentencing guidlines and w/o a criminal record thats the most the judge could impose