Looking for adult Asperger's diagnosis in Oregon, any names?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

duckfan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2011, 12:22 am

Hi all, am glad I found you guys.

I have a cousin who has been diagnosed with Asperger's, and I also have a close friend who is currently undiagnosed. The thing is though, they act very similar, as far as lack of social skills, mild stim motions, and the occasional slip into their own worlds. When I recently approached him about it, he said that it was at least a possibility, but he doesn't trust most psychologists or psychiatrists. He is open though to a diagnosis for someone who specializes in adult Asperger's even if it means a trip to the Portland area. Does anyone here have a name that I can pass on to my friend?

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 12:58 am

Karen Grant.

duckfan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Apr 2011, 10:20 am

Thank you katzefrau! I found her at OHSU, and will pass on her number to my friend.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 9:38 pm

Welkome to WrongPlanet. :)

The WP Kink

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 11:22 pm

duckfan wrote:
Thank you katzefrau! I found her at OHSU, and will pass on her number to my friend.

you're welcome. she was recommended by Tony Attwood as someone who had seen a lot of adult women. so i know she is very familiar with adults with AS.