Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Josieposie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2011, 6:30 pm

edit. don't want to leave this hanging around online. It is normally the case that if I step away from the situation I can prevent this happening, I should have gone to my room straight away after the argument then I would not have behaved so stupidly. :?

Last edited by Josieposie on 17 Apr 2011, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 6:38 pm

It sounds to me like you have very high anxiety, so every stressor hits you hard and you overreact. I wouldn't say that you are "mental." I think you might try looking for help dealing with your anxiety. What happened in the aftermath of the argument with your brother sounds like it could be a meltdown, but your initial fight with your brother doesn't seem like a meltdown per se, though if it was the result of your overall stress from having to move, it could be.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 6:47 pm

I don't think you are insane. I can go into fits that can range from bursting into tears to screaming at myself when I am very upset. It seems to be a way for my system to purge itself when it's overloading and cannot cope. Afterwards my system seems to reset itself and I am ok for a while until the next overload happens again.

I find either resolving or getting away from whatever is upsetting me helps as it can stop the overload from happening.

Josieposie

17 Apr 2011, 2:57 am

@ bumble-When I was younger I used to become furious and upset quite easily. I described it as being like a milk bottle filling up to the brim with feeling and instead of pouring them out gradually I would just tip them all out in one go then let the milk bottle start to refill. Now days this does not happen as I have learnt to stop and ask myself how I am feeling and to step away when I get angry. Tripped up yesterday!

@bee33 I do get anxious but mainly about my work at university. I don’t think I was anxious but maybe it would be worth thinking about.

Thankyou both for your responces.