Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

EternalSunshine
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2011, 8:53 pm

deleted

Last edited by EternalSunshine on 23 Apr 2011, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 8:56 pm

EternalSunshine wrote:
So I've started dating this guy who I really like, but there's one problem. It is and always has been very very difficult for me to express myself physically. Like, I just don't hug people. And it's not because I'm not a warm person, it's just that whenever I hug people it feels really weird. Whenever we're making out or anything, I just don't do anything physically because it's like my feelings aren't connected to my body. He thinks I'm not interested in him but I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

Provided you actually do like him, and are really strongly attracted to him, you can explain this problem to him and propose he helps you practice...guys usually like any activity that involves physical contact and their girlfriend.

manlyadam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2011, 12:45 pm

you should just tell him, personally I would be more than happy to be in a completely non-physical relationship if I could just have someone I love who loves me back even though I have a normal sex drive. Not all guys only want sex even guys who aren't asexual. Perhaps he would be disappointed and end it but if that happened you would just be lucky in avoiding someone who only wanted you for sex so either way I think telling him would be a good thing.

I think it would be much worse to not say anything because most men just don't understand women and he might jump to conclusions like you don't like him or you're seeing someone else so it would probably be very relieving to hear the truth