Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 4:13 am

[/quote]iamnotaparakeet wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Please, to anyone who would even consider to vote for Obama to reelect him: don't vote.

how would you like it if you were told to not vote just because somebody didn't care for your kind?

I'd ask them to explain what "kind" they mean as I start recording the conversation. However, voting for Obama doesn't require any particular "kind" unless clueless counts as a kind.

Rolling Eyes you know damned well what "kind" i mean when i refer to myself: democrats.[quote]

Me too, I will be voting for Obama

Look for three or more options.
"I'm not too crazy about reality, but it's the only place to get a decent meal.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 5:18 am

sufi wrote:

:D 8)
the drowning man grasps at straws, and obama's party is the only one offering the drowning man a lifevest instead of just otherworldly platitudes [greens] or calumny [repubs].

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 5:23 am

sufi wrote:
Quote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Please, to anyone who would even consider to vote for Obama to reelect him: don't vote.

how would you like it if you were told to not vote just because somebody didn't care for your kind?

I'd ask them to explain what "kind" they mean as I start recording the conversation. However, voting for Obama doesn't require any particular "kind" unless clueless counts as a kind.

Rolling Eyes you know damned well what "kind" i mean when i refer to myself: democrats.

@auntblabby: Where had 'keet said first anything about not caring for any particular "kind"?

All I see there is a request -- "Please ... don't vote" -- if someone might be considering "to vote for Obama to reelect him".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 5:55 am

leejosepho wrote:
@auntblabby: Where had 'keet said first anything about not caring for any particular "kind"?
All I see there is a request -- "Please ... don't vote" -- if someone might be considering "to vote for Obama to reelect him".

implicit in his "request" was for a class of people he doesn't care-for [he called them "clueless" but otherwise they are democrats] to butt out of the political process [IOW "please don't vote" unless one is not a democrat]. this is an unkind gesture at best, and definitely impertinent, in the very same manner as if i were to tell him "please don't vote unless you support my particular party." if i were to tell a green or a repub or an owl or whatever to not vote [or to vote for only my party], do you think they would take kindly to this? if i told you to not vote unless you supported my party's candidate [IOW to just suck it up and vote for "A" when you really preferred "B"], you would have every right to tell me where to get off. it is only about fairness, IOW if i told him "please don't vote republican," that would be just as offensive as him telling me to not vote democratic.

an old-fashioned sentiment for sure, but here it is- politics, philosophy and religion are best not discussed in mixed company, to do otherwise just rends the peace. what's so wrong with wanting peace?

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 6:06 am

auntblabby wrote:
leejosepho wrote:

implicit in his "request" was for a class of people he doesn't care-for [he called them "clueless" ...] ...

No, that came later after he had said this ...
Quote:
I'd ask them to explain what "kind" they mean ... (emphasis added)

However, your own response is understandable even though I am far from being any kind of Obama fan! :wink:

Peace!