Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

It bothers me a lot if people interfere and try to help me if I have not asked for help.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 4:43 pm

Jory wrote:
What bothers me is that people tend to ask you if you need help when you clearly don't. And when they insist on helping you after you've told them that you don't want or need it, then I start fantasizing about punching them in the face since I can't do it without going to jail. It's also annoying when they keep asking, "Are you sure?" after you've said no. Of course, if you get angry and blow up at them, they play the victim card and act like they did nothing to deserve such treatment.

That bugs me a lot, too. How can doing something that another person doesn't want count as helping? Clearly, the "helper" does it for their own satisfaction, and it has nothing to do with the feelings of the other person. I'd call that selfishness, not considerateness.