Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 4:38 am

to having another child as a single mother.

I have talked to a person who i highly respect about donating sperm to me. He was a bit offended but he said he would think about it.

In reality i have the next 18 months to have a child before my new career takes off and then i will not have the opportunity to have one until my late 30's .There would then be over 10 years between my daughter and the next child which isn't the best gap for sibling appreciation. I have always wanted a large family, but i can settle with 3 or 4 if that is all i can have at the moment.

I know they will be most likely on the spectrum, that is why i refuse to have them while i am working so i can actually devote myself to them and properly bond with minimal separation for the first 2 years.

Now to just hear a yes from the man. Fingers-crossed.

So I'm never in a rush

claudia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2011, 10:44 am

Single mother... I take off my hat. I have only one child on the spectrum and I'm exhausted! I would like another son/daughter, but I think taht I can't afford it. I would burn out.
I'd like to leave my job for a while but in Italy there is so much unemployment that I will never have my job back.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 1:44 pm

Well, your choices wouldn't be mine, but I do hope things turn out well for your family. Best Wishes, and all that.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 7:37 am

He is going away for a while but will be back in 3 months. He did say yes. So the count down is on. :D

So I'm never in a rush

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 10:06 pm

It's great that you've going to have another one on the way. Congratulations! :D