Toucan

04 Aug 2006, 1:11 am

Is there any film stars who are aspie or even aspie traits
personally i think jim carey has it

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2006, 2:47 am

I'm thinking of one, sorry I don't know his name, he was on the Dr. Phil Show, in connection with a movie. And Dr. Phil said: I've been looking forward to having you in my chairs, as if he really needed analysing. He look really excentric.

American actor, not too old, dark hair, does comedies. He was definitely aspie.

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2006, 3:09 am

bjmax31 wrote:
Is there any film stars who are aspie or even aspie traits
personally i think jim carey has it

Yeah ... I've wondered on occasion if Jim Carey has it. Only seen a couple of his movies, for I'm not that much into comedy.

I mean, I could give a list of actors that may have it. Not everyone is willing to disclose their diagnosis, and I know it was said that tons of movie actors see therapists. Of course, not all of them are AS, but if they're seeing one, they're diagnosed with something. I imagine some see counselors just for attention, so many may be narcissists.

I'd be careful, though, if you were to give a list of actors that may have it. There has been a trend going around these forums, and you may get a lot of replies like this:

"That's nothing but speculation. It's like saying Einstein had it."

- Ray M -

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2006, 3:29 am

Yes, I'm not sure if other people will find this to be true but one thing about Jim Carey that makes me think he's an aspie is his body language. Nobody in their wildest dreams would say his style is naturalistic; rather, it is highly stylised, over-the-top, and jerky. Very much like my own, and probably like some other Aspies out there. That is, the ones who make an effort to use body language (Most of the time I don't bother, either).

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Aug 2006, 10:37 am

Officially, Dan Akkroyd and Marylou Henner are aspies. Unofficially, Stephen Spielberg is.
Several of the cast members in my movie expressed a lot of identity with aspergers and said they felt they had a natural head start in the acting.

Sigourney Weaver plays an official aspie in "Snow Cake" which has been in some film festivals and will get into theaters I am sure. She visited some of the GRASP support group meetings in NYC and did a PSA that was positive about aspergers.

Jerry Newport aka The Whale

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2006, 2:23 pm

When I've read the heading of this Thread on the Home Page, Jim Carey was the first person I've thought of.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2006, 2:59 pm

Keenu Reeves, i saw him give an interview and he seemed kinda aspie-like to me.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2006, 11:55 pm

You know, it would be very funny if we suggested a possible celebrity, and then that person came to WrongPlanet anonymously and started either a) laughing his/her ass off, or b) feeling miserable about his/her predictability. Heheh.

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2006, 12:40 am

As I posted in another thread, I think Kevin Spacey looks and acts like an aspie.

bjmax31
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2006, 2:23 am

yeah it is really amazing what us aspies can do!
(sorry to go off topic) But take gary numan for example with his 1979 hit "are freinds electric" and i also think steven speilburg has it. Mozart, albert einstein, Sir issac newton all show aspie traits also (makes those NT's look great does'nt it)! !

So have we got a disablity or Extra abilty!! !

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2006, 10:16 am

bjmax31 wrote:
yeah it is really amazing what us aspies can do!
(sorry to go off topic) But take gary numan for example with his 1979 hit "are freinds electric" and i also think steven speilburg has it. Mozart, albert einstein, Sir issac newton all show aspie traits also (makes those NT's look great does'nt it)! !

So have we got a disablity or Extra abilty!! !

Many of us have abilities but that is not enough. One has to adjust enough so that the ability is appreciated. Failure to do that is what makes a lot of us miserable, unemployed and underappreciated. Of course, we shouldn't have to do all of the adjusting.

FYI, I know people who have worked with Keanu Reeves and they all say he is definitely something though it may be more OCD than aspergers. Same with Cybill Shepard. She drove the crew at one movie crazy because she refused to use public toilets and insisted on using the one in her mobile home; not easy to park in downtown Los Angeles :)

Jerry Newport

Kye
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Aug 2006, 2:37 pm

Is it at all possible that Keanu Reeves is just an idiot?

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2006, 9:30 am

TheWhale wrote:
FYI, I know people who have worked with Keanu Reeves and they all say he is definitely something though it may be more OCD than aspergers. Same with Cybill Shepard. She drove the crew at one movie crazy because she refused to use public toilets and insisted on using the one in her mobile home; not easy to park in downtown Los Angeles :) Jerry Newport

Cybil Shepard announced she has IBS. She is like the spokesperson for IBS now.
That probably has something to do with her insisting on using her own personal bathroom.

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Aug 2006, 9:54 am

bizarre wrote:
TheWhale wrote:
FYI, I know people who have worked with Keanu Reeves and they all say he is definitely something though it may be more OCD than aspergers. Same with Cybill Shepard. She drove the crew at one movie crazy because she refused to use public toilets and insisted on using the one in her mobile home; not easy to park in downtown Los Angeles :) Jerry Newport

Cybil Shepard announced she has IBS. She is like the spokesperson for IBS now.
That probably has something to do with her insisting on using her own personal bathroom.

I am not surprised. However, many who have IBS have something else that eventually leads to the IBS. My wife had that but it was years after her AS and PTSD built up the stress that usually is there when people have IBS.

Jerry Newport aka The Whale

Voxsolemnis

09 Aug 2006, 7:08 pm

There are days I wonder if Russell Crowe is an Aspie.

(Mind you he is a great actor, but very Aspie at times)

janusmaxwell
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Aug 2006, 8:46 pm

I wonder....

Do you suppose that Jim Varney (From the Ernest Movies) had Asperger's?