I wanna wait an' see. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
I wanna wait an' see. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 42

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2006, 8:55 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
The only problem I can see with this is if threads are made which are particularly offensive to a particular gender. I say this because it has happened before, and it will probably happen again.

Oh it will happen again. It’s happening right now. All over the world there are men trashing women and women trashing men and there’s nothing you can do about it. That’s part of the point of segregated forums. Sometimes you just have to go and vent about the other gender. If you can’t take it, then stay out of their forum. Unless they say otherwise, they don’t want to hear from you. Come back to the Locker Room and b***h to us about how mean the girls are. So far as personal attacks go, allow the ladies to police themselves in their forum, as we expect to be allowed to police ourselves in ours. And if they don’t police themselves? Well that’s just a reflection of them and not a reflection of you. Remember, what people say about others says a great deal about the people and the world they live in, but not much about the others. Some people live in a world populated by good guys and bad guys. Some people live in a dark and gloomy world. Some people see predators everywhere. Some people live in an optimistic world where everybody they encounter means well, but sometimes misunderstandings occur. Yet we all live on the same planet. People on this site have looked at me and seen everything from a wise old man to a dirty old perverted creep and everything in-between. Yet they were all looking at the same person. Imagine that.

- Emerson

aspoid
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Aug 2006, 1:58 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
Women are different than men.

this is exactly the reason why people talk in generalizations about the opposite sex. its because they really do not understand each other.

some things men need to just talk about with themselves. they need to understand the generalizations (which are generalized for a reason) then they can begin to break the female sex down into subgroups and finally resting on the individual female goddess.

just consider me Professer Aspoid.

aspoid
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Aug 2006, 2:06 pm

JulieArticuno wrote:
aspoid wrote:
Corcovado wrote:
We are on this forum because we ae the same, not because we are different.

you would think so, but i have been noticing that several members (women) have been bullying the men with AS in the mens forum, and targeting their AS difficulties.

Well, Aspoid, that is simply not on. Perhaps you should PM a mod about this, including links to the thread(s) this is occurring on. I personally do not believe that this is acceptable behaviour.

aspoid wrote:
i really do not think that a majority of women here are even on the spectrum, even those that are seem to be more socially well rounded.

However, I find this view offensive. Who are you to say how many women here are or are not on the spectrum? You are as out of order about this as I would be if i were to poke fun at your AS difficulties. If a psychiatrist or psychologist needs an hour plus of discussions with the person in question, and then time to analyse the responses, how can you judge on just a few posts where someone may appear to be being a bully, if they have AS or not? Being a bully does not automatically label someone as NT. Remember-aspies can be bullies too!

aspoid wrote:
and, i do not appreciate them making light of our AS difficulties. we struggle with them, and we do not really need the (more socially well rounded) females making fun of our manhood because we choose to let down our guard and show a little vulnerability.

it seems that this site is one safe haven for bullies.

As I said, it should not be. PM a mod. If they are not aware of the problem, how can they deal with it?

JulieArticuno

could it be stated that i find your view offensive as well?

lets take a look at the logic here, shall we?

there are clearly defined TOS, which could be likend to communication skills within a normal society. the bullies i am refering to are the more socially adept among us, just like the schoolyard bully who always knew how to play within 'the rules of the playground' to make people feel bad about who they are. about their quirks, about their differences.

these are professionals at what they do.

i guess i will have to keep my eye on you. my goal is to make a safe place where people on the spectrum can post, and not be made to feel as a lesser person like theywere when they were younger. allow them a chance to take their first social steps without people making fun of them. allow them to find a valuable resource of socializing on a website devoted to them. and without fear of being silenced (once more) by the bloodthirsty socilaites among us.

you want me to report to a moderator. what a joke. the moderators are the highest functioning among us. and they clearly do not have any ampathy for us subhumans who struggle with social etiquette. otherwise they would be running to the rescue of those who are deeply on the spectrum, rather than joining in the bully parade.
aint that right hale bopp?

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2006, 10:31 pm

I think they should not allow the men to post to the woman's forum and woman to the men's forum.
It doesn't bother me if men or woman want to rant about each other if they feel like it.

Of course they could read each others post, i mean there's no way to stop that. Just not get involved in the discussion. Like some people do it's like they just sit on here all day waiting for someone to post something so they can put they're two cents in.

wobbegong
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2006, 11:02 pm

JulieArticuno

PM a mod? I can't even find the mods. If yupa is a mod of the men's forum, his id isn't marked as such and the mod list doesn't show him. Not that I wanted to influence the moderation in the men's forum. In fact all the mod lists are empty.

I found one moderator so far but haven't pm'd him. I did pm and email Alex and I don't know if he sorted it out or not. He did leave the abuse in the thread I complained about.

I did what I could myself, not to aggravate the situation, but it is amazing how aggravated some people get when they get no response at all to their posts. But my problem stalker seems to have toned down now which is what I wanted.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.htm ... ic&t=12459

If posts are deleted, there seems to be no explanation thread - sometimes a mod like yupa will explain himself but mostly stuff just disappears. I've got no idea if my issues were dealt with so far as I know, the rules in the link I've provided are not enforced.