Going out with another guy... Is it love?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Cypherthefox1
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 May 2011, 8:25 am

Or just a crush...

Ok so I've been really good friends with him for about three years, for about a year we've both had feelings for each other and he told me he liked me about two days ago. I've really really fallen for him, hes kind, witty, interesting, hes supportive and understands me, despite my aspergers. Now we're going out with each other, and I really think I'm in love with him... You know the feeling? Wanting to be with him/talk to him all the time, butterflies in your stomach, feeling extremely giddy when talking to him... I really want to spend the rest of my life with him and just be there for him and with him <3
He was in a serious relationship with a guy for about a year and his boyfriend broke up with him about 3 months ago. I really have deep feelings for him, and I can't even begin to describe how amazing it will feel to actually meet him (We're both in the UK, he lives down in worthing and I live in newcastle)
But I feel so amazing knowing the feelings are mutual... He didn't know I was bisexual until he asked me out... I really just feel amazing but the only thing I worry about is the fact that its a long distance relationship. We're talking about meeting up, and I can't wait for it personally! *waggles*

Is what I'm feeling love? I've never felt like this before... Is it love, or just a crush do you think?

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 8:30 am

I think the difference between "crush" and "love" is blurry, it doesn't particularly matter what it is, if it makes you happy then go ahead, even if it's a crush - that doesn't make it fake.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 9:28 am

You said you have really deep feelings for him, which sounds like you care about him. If you want him to be happy (and not just yourself) then I would call it love.

But, the most important thing is that you found each other and you're both enjoying it :D

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 May 2011, 10:15 am

It's beautiful, whatever it is - so go with it!

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 10:50 am

The start of a relationship is full of the excitement of what is new and unfamiliar. Your relationship has taken on a new dimension and the two of you will each be feeling this excitement. Enjoy that excitement for as long as it lasts.

But that excitement is not love--because that excitement does not last forever. That excitement is what draws you to your partner and what keeps you with him until love has a chance to take hold. I have seen far too many people drift apart because that excitement disappated, and they assumed that they were no longer in love.

In the twenty years that I have been together with my partner, I have learned that my feelings for him are never constant. How I feel about him on one day and how I feel about him the next can be as unalike as chalk and cheese. But never has that mutability of feelings ever impeded the centrality of his place in my life (and I hope the inverse!)