Sigourney Weaver to play AS mother in "Snow Cake"

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

shivanataraja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2006, 9:44 am

Interesting news: http://www.sundayherald.com/57057

I identify quite a lot (despite being male, and not at all into physical combat/violence) with Ripley in the Alien films (particularly Alien 3), and have quite a lot of admiration for Weaver as an actor (she's one of the few women that i can find attractive despite being completely not my "type"), so would quite like to see this... still got my misgivings about Hollywood portrayal of AS (and disability in general) tho...

Opinions?

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2006, 10:10 am

i am looking forward to going to see this movie and have a tivcket allready booked to go and see it.
i think this is what aspies need a high profiler role model for autistic people someone who isnt ran man.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2006, 11:44 am

... That sounds like so many kinds of awesome.

This seems like it's a much more broad sort of character than how Autistics are generally portrayed, and in many ways
-Female
-Adult
-Parent

sounds like it's atypical and that's without getting into what the character herself is actually like. And that Weaver went so far as to actually spend time with Autistics to research the role is excellent. And to say that we face common problems, but are each unique?

Couldn't put it better myself. It's a great when NTs say things that sound like they're coming straight from the mouths of the proud Autistics.