Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 4:43 pm

Long before the Strident Atheists were thought of there was an attempt here in PPR to start a Delusional Religionist Club. That idea never got off the ground, however since the SA's have become so entrenched here methinks it is time to set up something to offset them.

The first thing we need to do is think of a better name than that. I don't think we want to go for Strident Theist because I wouldn't want stridency to be the character aspect most honored; strident theists are every bit as annoying as strident atheists. I would like the adjective to show what character trait we theists would honor most. If we can come to any kind of agreement on that, we can discuss the next step.

Let the brainstorming begin.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 4:45 pm

Still Small Vocal?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 4:51 pm

I called myself a 'Striding Gnostic' earlier, as a joke, and a play on the strident atheist thing.

I'm not sure I am a theist. I'm very dubious about letting myself get such a label. My views on God are complex and apparently ineffable; to have them confused with 'believing in a dude in the sky that makes s**t' would be rather painful to me.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:05 pm

You could call your group the Stringent Theists :)

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:11 pm

Conquerors Of The Universe!! !

Well, that's what I'd want to be part of anyhow. I need a fairly sizable intergalactic battlefleet first though.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:16 pm

Are you a Scientologist?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:18 pm

pandabear wrote:
Are you a Scientologist?

What the heck? No.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:23 pm

Maybe the Religious Rabble :lol:

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:27 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Are you a Scientologist?

What the heck? No.

Why? Because I want to conquer the universe or because the actor who played Simon Tam in Firefly vaguely resembles that cult head pumba weirdo from that airplane movie in the 90's?

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:27 pm

NobelCynic wrote:
Long before the Strident Atheists were thought of there was an attempt here in PPR to start a Delusional Religionist Club. That idea never got off the ground, however since the SA's have become so entrenched here methinks it is time to set up something to offset them.

The first thing we need to do is think of a better name than that. I don't think we want to go for Strident Theist because I wouldn't want stridency to be the character aspect most honored; strident theists are every bit as annoying as strident atheists. I would like the adjective to show what character trait we theists would honor most. If we can come to any kind of agreement on that, we can discuss the next step.

We will bury you, like we did to the Union of Atheists and Agnostics united for Civil Action (or whatever that accomodationist group NeatHuminin started was called).

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:28 pm

Wallourdes wrote:

How about the Strident Atheists be called the Stupid Atheists then? As long as you care to be insulting, prepare for getting some back.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:30 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
NobelCynic wrote:

We will bury you, like we did to the Union of Atheists and Agnostics united for Civil Action (or whatever that accomodationist group NeatHuminin started was called).

The Conquerors Of The Universe shall vaporize your planet then, if you care to threaten others for the sake of their ideology. :twisted:

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:39 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:

How about the Strident Atheists be called the Stupid Atheists then? As long as you care to be insulting, prepare for getting some back.

Not care to be insulting, just to lighten the atmosphere with some satire. :lol:

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:49 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:

Not care to be insulting, just to lighten the atmosphere with some satire. :lol:

Satire is not funny to those being mocked, although I appreciate that your intent expressed is not as bad as it would seem from the suggestion.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:51 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Satire is not funny to those being mocked, although I appreciate that your intent expressed is not as bad as it would seem from the suggestion.

Rabble is such an awful word, doesn't it just hurt your feelings? I mean, it's not like there are actual progressive groups that proudly proclaim themselves "rabble" or anything like that, now is there?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:53 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Rabble is such an awful word, doesn't it just hurt your feelings? I mean, it's not like there are actual progressive groups that proudly proclaim themselves "rabble" or anything like that, now is there?

Oh, so if I call you rabble then you're fine with it? Hello Rabble, how are you Rabble? Still being Rabble are you Rabble?