Page 3 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 11:04 am

I was somewhat slow on the uptake.
It wasn't until I got to University that I seriously started thinking about sex, and at that point I didn't have any concept of homosexuality - I'd never picked up on anything about it as it had never been relevant to me. I started wondering how to find a girlfriend, but never found the right one.

It wasn't until my second year, a period in which I was very lonely and depressed, that I realised things weren't quite right. In summer of that year I discovered prescription sunglasses, and found I was able to eye up the more attractive students without worrying they'd know I was doing it. And I realised it was the topless young men I was eyeing up.

First, panic.
Then, I visited the LGBT.
No going back after that!

Andoryuu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2011, 4:28 am

I had a crush on my friend who lived across the street up until I was 5, then I moved.

I loved a boy in my first and second grade. I even told my mom I did. I wanted him to be my brother.

I loved a boy in my third and fourth grade.

And then all throughout middle and high school, all I could think about was having sex with every guy. I also even loved someone two grades ahead of me in the same way as the other two.

That's it, really. Quite simple. I guess I have a really high sex drive.

OrangeJuicyWay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Aug 2011, 3:28 pm

I denied in until the summer before ninth grade, but I was clearly attracted to boys. I just was stubborn to admit that it was sexual because I did not want it to be. Then I found out that men generally like to see their gender of attraction naked, which explained why I liked seeing boys naked. However, I still did not take it very seriously until the end of tenth grade, when I forced myself to take it seriously and deal with it as perfectly as possible, which was a total disaster. I have been struggling to stop the obsessive planning for a while, but I am making progress.

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2011, 4:08 pm

I knew because I knew that looking a girls made me tingle whereas looking at boys made me cringe. I chased a girl all around during my 3rd grade year.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 6:21 pm

OrangeJuicyWay wrote:
I denied in until the summer before ninth grade, but I was clearly attracted to boys. I just was stubborn to admit that it was sexual because I did not want it to be. Then I found out that men generally like to see their gender of attraction naked, which explained why I liked seeing boys naked. However, I still did not take it very seriously until the end of tenth grade, when I forced myself to take it seriously and deal with it as perfectly as possible, which was a total disaster. I have been struggling to stop the obsessive planning for a while, but I am making progress.

You did better than me--it was similar for me but it took me until halfway through grade 12 to realize it.

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 12:01 pm

AstroGeek wrote:
OrangeJuicyWay wrote:

You did better than me--it was similar for me but it took me until halfway through grade 12 to realize it.

(Translating)
These would be ages 14 and 16, yes? I was 20!

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 12:56 pm

Thom_Fuleri wrote:
AstroGeek wrote:
OrangeJuicyWay wrote:

(Translating)
These would be ages 14 and 16, yes? I was 20!

Discovered attraction to the same gender at 13. Opposite gender earlier. Now, I'm open (I still find my own gender a little more aesthetically pleasing)

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

White-Rose-Tree
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2011, 8:26 pm

I had a huge crush on my class's assistant teacher, Miss Melzer. She smiled a lot, and had red ringlets. I also liked one of the students, who was this really pretty girl my own age, this time.

This was... 2nd grade. I was seven.

Since then all my crushes have been glasses-wearing blondes named Kate. Or Cate, Katie, Kayte, or Cat. I know it's the most common girl's name for the age group, but it's still a little creepy.

Always women, though. Always imagined myself with a woman, always dreamed about being with women... if I tried to imagine myself with a man, the person I was imagining wasn't me any longer. Feminine women (not, like, dresses and make-up and stuff... but curvy, higher voices, etc. I find "butch" girls totally unnattractive). But then again, I'm probably technically genderqueer at least or maybe trans... I have no problem in thinking myself androgynous, and my self-insert characters in my writing are almost always male. I don't know anymore, I don't care, none of the girls like me back so there's no problem :D

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 7:31 am

White-Rose-Tree wrote:
none of the girls like me back so there's no problem :D

Well, I know how that feels. :lol:

White-Rose-Tree

19 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

puddingmouse wrote:
White-Rose-Tree wrote:
none of the girls like me back so there's no problem :D

Well, I know how that feels. :lol:

We're just too cool for them, clearly :lol:

glasscasket
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2011, 6:03 pm

When I was 9 I kept staring at a pretty girl in my class without realizing it until she asked me. I turned beet red and told her that I really liked her hair. Around that time I also told my mom that I thought I was a boy in a girl's body. At 15 years old I knew I was bi when I started experimenting with girls, enjoying it and it wasn't just a phase or a one time thing.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 12:43 am

I kind of hit puberty at an early age and started masturbating when I was just 10 years old. I didn't really understand what it was I was doing at the time, but once somebody explained it to me I realized I was gay because I always fanatsized about men while I was doing it. I don't think I've ever fanatisized about the opposite gender, like the many people who say they were "confused" during adolescents and couldn't figure out if they liked men, women, or both.

However I'm still a virgin and have never dated, and to be honest I don't feel like finding a relationship or even somebody to sleep with is that important in my life. That is why I sometimes wonder if I may be asexual, which is somebody who isn't attracted to either gender.

Wraythen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

Yeah, I'm gay. :lol:

I didn't realise it until this February though. I know why though, 'cause I wound up getting taunted and jeered at by a lot of kids from multiple year levels back in high school. It started when I was 12, before I hit puberty so I never got a proper chance to figure it out 'till now. :(

Throughout my stay in high school, getting a girlfriend was never a super-important thing for me - now I know why.

Submit to the whims of your subconscious.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 3:20 am

I have always been attracted to both genders, and would get 'crushes' on both boys and girls as a kid. I have also been sexually attracted to both genders as long as I can remember, but seem to have a sexual preference for women and a romantic preference for men. I was never comfortable revealling this until I was 21 and was invited to have a threesome with a guy I was seeing. The woman involved was my lover for two years and I developed an extremely close friendship with her...the best one I have ever had. Although she has moved away and is in a relationship with a guy now, we will be friends forever, and I credit her so much with helping me become comfortable with that side of myself.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

retrom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2011, 5:14 pm

I didn't really, for the longest time. Eventually in high school I met a very hot bi girl but more than the thought of seeing her with another woman (Which I would have paid any price to see) it was like the word "bisexual" was stuck in my head. I started to think back about a lot of my "best friends" and realized we weren't just good friends, I actually had crushes on them. The actual sex part I wasn't so sure of.
When I finally got in bed with a guy I told him I might change my mind half way but... It was funner than I thought. I still prefer women but now I know the difference in relating to a guy and having a crush on him, and that I can have fun in bed with guys too.

pippilngstkngpr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2011, 3:10 pm

There was a post on here awhile ago and I couldn't tell if i was bisexual or straight but I've always liked women just never been with one. In January 2011 this year I was with my first girlfriend and it was the best experience and it really gave me a perspective about myself. I found out why I always been second guessing. Family and friends told me if you were bisexual you'd be saying "That girl looks good" instead of just guys but I realized I did that because I had certain friends who weren't cool with being bisexual and it was awkward. I wasn't embarrassed about myself in any way to be bisexual; I just really wanted to make sure by being with a girl.

I now know I bisexual; sometimes I question being a lesbian but I know 100% I am bisexual. I guess, I equally prefer both sexes. But I started liking girls around 11 or 12 years old. I even around that age started guessing my gender that I wanted to be a guy but that passed. Now I am know I am bisexual and proud!

Also, something I want to add; I hate that a lot of people think because you are bisexual you date both sexes. They need to realized bisexual, gay/lesbian, straight those are sexual orientations. If you are polygamous then you date more then one person but you don't have to be bisexual to do so. I just wish more people understood that.