hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 10:48 am

Henbane wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
What was wrong with the fat celebs one?

It offended a lot of members, and I don't like the feeling that I get when I've realized that I've hurt another person, even if it was by accident.

I could see that it may offend people, in the same way that if someone posted a thread about fat celebrities who need to lose weight could offend some people. But there are lots of threads that can offend someone, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

People who have been around here long enough will be able to tell if a poster is intentionally trying to cause offence or if it happens unintentionally.

Remember to be who you want to be.

One of my favourite Kinks songs, I remember this from when I was a child.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs2kFrGluKs[/youtube]

i :heart: this post.

and CR, i'm sorry i called you a "she" instead of a "he". my mistake!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:20 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
No one cares.

Actually, there is a handful of people with eating disorders who care a great deal about the celebrity thread that I've started last Wednesday. They care. They've made it very clear that they care. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that every person who posts here doesn't care.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:30 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:
No one cares.

Actually, there is a handful of people with eating disorders who care a great deal about the celebrity thread that I've started last Wednesday. They care. They've made it very clear that they care. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that every person who posts here doesn't care.

It is ok. I spammed pics of myself in a 60's style suit yesterday. It is cool.

So I'm never in a rush

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:39 am

You can't please everyone all the time. The best you can do is not sweat it. :-)

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:44 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:
No one cares.

I wasn't talking about that thread.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 5:20 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:
No one cares.

Don't worry CR. Look, to be perfectly honest, every time I read a comment or thread that says "skinny people are ugly"/"skinny people are bone bags"/"I would never date a skinny person"/"I hate skinny people" etc etc I feel a small stab of hurt (it would be so easy for them to say "I'm attracted to more curvy people" and leave it at that), but I don't let it get to me. I mean, if you were a gemini and someone said "I hate gemini's" you'd feel a small instinctual stab of hurt right? I understand that it's easy to offend without meaning to, and putting down skinny people or people with ED is currently a popular mainstream past time (and acceptable) so it's easy for people to say things like that without thinking about it. Compared to a lot of stuff I've seen your thread was not so bad, and it was clear you had good intentions. I can't speak for the people who were hurt, but I think it most likely you were forgiven (a.k.a. Solejv's comment). You're well known on the site and people know you're a good person.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 6:34 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:
No one cares.

I wasn't talking about that thread.

Obviously, you don't care that I'm a sensitive brown-eyed member, than.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 6:36 pm

I'm sick of sticking up for myself here. I hate it with a passion. It takes a lot out of me. I'll check up on this thread in a day or two, maybe more.

Thank you for the video, by the way. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:30 pm

Don't worry about it, Mick. I enjoy your threads, and I care about you a lot.

I rarely ever make my own threads because I can't come up with any good topics beyond my areas of interest, either. And I myself have offended quite a few people on this site by accident on several different occasions. Since there are a lot of people here, there are a lot of differing opinions on various subjects, so it's easy to upset people when you state your own opinion about something.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

15 May 2011, 11:33 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
jojobean wrote:
It ok, Cockney, Your just "kinky" and that is cool. :wink:

Have you had any luck with Rolling stones magizine to find your hero??

Not yet. I've found the address of the magazine on the Internet today. I'm wondering if the letter should be typed or written.

my experience has been phone calls get better responces cause letters go into file 13.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

15 May 2011, 11:40 pm

opps, I forgot that you are in the UK, a phone call would be expensive.
here is the email address to the editor:

[email protected]

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 7:27 am

jojobean wrote:
opps, I forgot that you are in the UK, a phone call would be expensive.
here is the email address to the editor:

[email protected]

Thank you for the link. :)