Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 9:05 am

I noticed that then my neighbor mows his lawn, there's not a bunch of clippings to be raked.

Just wondering if I should make my mowing path so that the deck (the part that cuts and expels the clippings) should always be facing one direction so that when I mow over them, they'll be picked up and put a little further in that direction until I get to the woody vegetation at the edge of the property.

My neighbor and I both have riding mowers and there's no apparent clippings catcher or basket on his.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 6:48 am

Does he more his lawn alot more often than you do?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 11:10 am

He's probably got a mulching attachment on his mower. I've got one one mine which chops the clippings up fine as it mows them and they effectively disappear. The other two options are to just dump the clippings out the side or back without mulching them or have a grass collection box on.

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 11:57 am

My lawn is so small I mow it with the trimmer, leaving clippings evenly distributed.