I just deleted 68 friends on facebook...

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 7:30 pm

Brianruns10 wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
I didn't want to see pictures of happy couples anymore in my news feed. It's not their fault, only my own, but it is making me feel worse...

I did the same with a bunch of friends. Got sick of their BS about being so happy and so in love, and seeing pictures of all the trips they take, and their new homes. f**k them for rubbing that sh** in our faces, and being so goddamn ostentatious about it. It's one thing to be happy. Must we broadcast it to the world?

So I say, good for your. f**k 'em!

Sour grapes = hawt.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 4:47 am

What's Facebook :tongue:

Even if it doesn't bother me much being single I'd still find that lovey-dovey stuff lame and annoying.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 4:53 am

i dont even have a facebook! 8O

So I'm never in a rush

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 2:24 pm

Hmm, but if you delete all those luvey-dovey people you won't be able to sit back and feel the glee when their statuses change to 'single' in a few months time...

Seriously though, seems a pretty ridiculous reason to delete people. I'm with Who-Am-I on this one.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 4:08 pm

Lene wrote:
Hmm, but if you delete all those luvey-dovey people you won't be able to sit back and feel the glee when their statuses change to 'single' in a few months time...

Seriously though, seems a pretty ridiculous reason to delete people. I'm with Who-Am-I on this one.

Doesn't change the fact that I feel worse when others experience a happiness that I can only dream of... I know nobody ever said life was supposed to be fair, but it just feels like a grave injustice to me.

OhNowIGetIt
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2011, 4:22 pm

You may not like this but I have to say it- you are so young! You should enjoy being single and finding love as you grow into yourself.

That said, I do not have facebook.

I understand where you are coming from though. It comes from any sort of longing, women who can't concieve see pregnant women and women with babies everywhere. Ppl who can't find love see the lovers. Some who are very poor see others with provision and feel the sting. It takes an adjustment of perspective and time to deal with the way things are in reality to have a good attitude again. I hope you perservere to obtain that healthier attitude, so you will be ready and open hearted when love does find you. Being more unhappy to find of others happiness doesn't sound very healthy. Being in love for real makes you want to broadcast it to the world, shout it from the mountian tops. I hope you get to know how that feels someday, and your friends will still be there for you.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 5:20 pm

The thing is that you dont need to delete people. All you need to do is write a list of the vomit-inducing people and then select next to one of their newsfeed items "Block newsfeed from this person." They will have no idea you have done this, but you will still be their "friend".

Taking a break.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 5:06 am

Lene wrote:

To clarify, my post wasn't directed at TOS, as his loneliness doesn't seem to ever slip into resenting people who are happy.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 5:30 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
To clarify, my post wasn't directed at TOS, as his loneliness doesn't seem to ever slip into resenting people who are happy.

I don't resent people for being happy together. They can all do whatever they want, that's not my business at all, but seriously, I just don't want to hear it anymore...

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 12:25 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

I don't resent people for being happy together. They can all do whatever they want, that's not my business at all, but seriously, I just don't want to hear it anymore...

Ah, sorry! Thought there was a bit of 'I'll remove my friendship to punish them' sort of thing going on- otherwise why not just block the news-feeds as someone else has suggested? Apologies if I picked that up completely wrong :)

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 1:56 pm

lame =I
I delete people from my FB list too, but not because of couples, but simply because i don't talk enough to the people to consider them friends.
So your case is kinda bit pathetic =I

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 11:54 pm

Lene wrote:
Ah, sorry! Thought there was a bit of 'I'll remove my friendship to punish them' sort of thing going on- otherwise why not just block the news-feeds as someone else has suggested? Apologies if I picked that up completely wrong :)

I've tried the blocking of news feeds... but still there are times where a person (and their oh-so-happy picture that I'm sick of seeing) creeps into the feed. Most of the time its because they commented on a story that another friend (that isn't blocked) posted...

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2011, 6:27 am

I don't delete people becuase i don't have what they have, sometimes i would like travel where most of my facebook friends travel, but I'm not envy. I delete people when they boring me with lot of invitation for games, when make on me politic propaganda, when lot of boring videos or song appear in my home page, i removed my sister to prove her that we can find another kind of contact, not facebook and we can stay in connection without facebook, i removed one monk with reason only becuase i bored him with my messages, and he couldn't say me stop boring me. I temporally have deleted my account in facebook, becuase i had lot of invitation for farmville and even messages please send me gift, please send me cow.

VertVega
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2011, 7:14 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
I've tried the blocking of news feeds... but still there are times where a person (and their oh-so-happy picture that I'm sick of seeing) creeps into the feed. Most of the time its because they commented on a story that another friend (that isn't blocked) posted...

Why not choose to be happy for your friends, rather than bitter about your life? That attitude could help you towards a happy relationship yourself, since most people don't like bitter people.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 9:01 am

VertVega wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

Why not choose to be happy for your friends, rather than bitter about your life? That attitude could help you towards a happy relationship yourself, since most people don't like bitter people.

I have no reason to be happy right now... my life has gone to s**t. I don't see anyone wanting to be with me, so what's the point? At the very least I can protect others from myself...

VertVega
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2011, 9:36 am

Life is full of ups and downs, you need to learn how to be happy with what you have. In case you have a terminal illness I can understand why you don't want to drag anyone into the pain, it's horrible to go away like that, but at least try to be happy the time you have left, why make your last days horrible with self-pity?