I just deleted 68 friends on facebook...

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 12:58 am

I didn't want to see pictures of happy couples anymore in my news feed. It's not their fault, only my own, but it is making me feel worse...

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 1:43 am

I always delete things from my newsfeed I dont want to see. After all, what is thepoint of going to facebook if it isnt tailored to individual needs? I find it a bit uninteresting anyway, not alot happens on it really. WP is way better.

Taking a break.

mathesis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2011, 1:47 am

I understand what you mean, it happens to me when I'm walking on the streets and you see all the couples kissing and grabbing hands and all that stuff. for fcbk I use the hide button frequently, I dislike fcbk but I have to maintain the social relationships with other people.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 9:39 am

I know how you feel-in real life I hate seeing to-reminds me I am alone-even when people start talking to me telling me what they and the wife/gf/bf did-oh we did this and we did that etc etc etc-just reminds me I have no body that I can do things with.

mathesis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2011, 9:50 am

Radiofixr wrote:
I know how you feel-in real life I hate seeing to-reminds me I am alone-even when people start talking to me telling me what they and the wife/gf/bf did-oh we did this and we did that etc etc etc-just reminds me I have no body that I can do things with.

Yeah, that's very annoying.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 10:12 am

68!? 8O

i have only 12 people on my list... four of them are my children... and one is my dog. :lol:

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 7:54 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
I didn't want to see pictures of happy couples anymore in my news feed. It's not their fault, only my own, but it is making me feel worse...

I did the same with a bunch of friends. Got sick of their BS about being so happy and so in love, and seeing pictures of all the trips they take, and their new homes. f**k them for rubbing that s**t in our faces, and being so goddamn ostentatious about it. It's one thing to be happy. Must we broadcast it to the world?

So I say, good for your. f**k 'em!

Lerena
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 May 2011, 9:59 am

I'm personally very offended by happy couples, but more so my ex-best friend who rubbed in my face that she won the man I love. The man I love is ALL she has now. She lost me, three of her other friends, and I'm sure also her husband when he returns from wherever he really is. Ugh, it's disgusting to see people rub their relationship in your face. I love that man and she treats him like dirt, yet he loves her? What is this?

So, I did the same thing you did; I deleted the guilty parties.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 11:25 am

I understand the frustration, but this was a very anti-social act that won't do good.

My solution was using facebook much less.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 11:27 am

If I disintegrated 68 friends on facebook, that would be alienating everyone I know!

The things people do for love (or lack)

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 2:00 pm

You can hide people from your newsfeed, so that you remain friends, but aren't subjected to their postings. I've done this with people who like Facebook games a little too much.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 2:32 pm

abaisse wrote:
You can hide people from your newsfeed, so that you remain friends, but aren't subjected to their postings. I've done this with people who like Facebook games a little too much.

I don't hide people on FB. If I don't like the things you post, I delete you.

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 2:39 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
abaisse wrote:

Duly noted. Hopefully, I remain on your list. :lol:

I don't hide most people. It's just a handy feature for those who have Farmville, CafeWorld, and 12 different pet games that eat up the newsfeed.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 2:49 pm

abaisse wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
abaisse wrote:

Duly noted. Hopefully, I remain on your list. :lol:

I don't hide most people. It's just a handy feature for those who have Farmville, CafeWorld, and 12 different pet games that eat up the newsfeed.

You've remained. lol

I do play some of the games, but I don't post much of the stuff on the newsfeed. Even when I do post, I tend to delete them after a few hours.

I don't like them junking up my wall. 8)

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 2:57 pm

If I were to delete everyone based on how much they flirt or their relationship status Id end up with 0 "friends" (since I already have none irl, only facebook "friends")

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 7:30 pm

Brianruns10 wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

I did the same with a bunch of friends. Got sick of their BS about being so happy and so in love, and seeing pictures of all the trips they take, and their new homes. f**k them for rubbing that sh** in our faces, and being so goddamn ostentatious about it. It's one thing to be happy. Must we broadcast it to the world?

So I say, good for your. f**k 'em!

Sour grapes = hawt.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I