Am I the only one really annoying online?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2011, 7:35 pm

I have ASD and was wondering if this is just a ASD thing but I don't have many people to talk to in RL so most of my time I am spent on online forums like yahoo answers or other game sites or debates. I don't have anyone to talk to so I would always make new threads and never respond to them. People think that I am a troll and that I should be banned because of my annoyance. I often think if I am this annoying online I must be annoying in real life. I feel lonely most of the time so online forums are the only way that I can talk to people. I would try to make uber threads to make it seem like I am talking to people but they would all want me to stop after 100 posts. I never answer questions but ask them. Most of the time I am bored with nothing to do but talk to people online. Is this just me?

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 7:43 pm

Some people on another forum find me annoying, but for different reasons than they find you annoying. They didn't like the fact that I certain site upset me, because it didn't upset them. I also posted something that got some people REALLY fired up. I was 12 at that time, and I wasn't exactly on board with the "forum communication" thing yet. They also didn't like the fact, they also thought that I was "too obsessed" with my special interest. Also, they didn't like that I was a bad speller and didn't like being corrected in a hostile way and that I asked a question in the "help" section of the site.

Twirlip
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Australien
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2011, 2:32 am

Yes. I am often "that guy".

I do not know when to let go of an argument. I will pick a hole in an opposing argument and pry it a mile wide.

When I started chatting in a particular place, I had an argument with someone who was known to be pedantic to everyone else. By the end of it, he annointed me the new resident pedant and told me to stop "'sperging out".

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2011, 12:56 pm

I'm annoying, yes. I'm pedantic by nature, always holding back strongly analytic thinking. I talk a lot and use too much detail than most can afford attention. I get called "pseudo-intellectual" "conceited" "overthinker" and so on rather often. "Failed journalist" was one of my favorites.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 1:09 pm

I don't know if I'm annoying. Nobody has said that to me yet, so I may well be blissfully unaware.
There are very very few people here, if any, who I find annoying.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 1:22 pm

I'm NEVER annoying in online formats :roll:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 1:25 pm

I am probably annoying. I annoyed one aspie on another forum with my literal thinking and how I processed things.

My innocence and naivety used to piss people off when I first started posting online. Some even thought I was faking it. I got so much crap for it so I assume it annoyed them or they thought I was faking it.

melodylynette
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 May 2011, 2:18 pm

I think my picture is in the dictionary. In high school my nickname was "roach" because I was so annoying. One "friend" brought a can of raid to school and chased me around. That day sucked. I try not to update too much. I've noticed I post the same videos on facebook every month or 2 lol.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

20 May 2011, 2:27 pm

melodylynette wrote:
I've noticed I post the same videos on facebook every month or 2 lol.

Just like how user1001 posts the same thread once every two or three weeks? (Not *the* same thread, but threads with very similar themes, mainly revolving around annoyance.)

I'm sensing this obsessiveness with the same topic might be a partial cause of his annoyance.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 2:52 pm

I don't really know, as "annoying" is such a subjective term.
Personally, I don't find you annoying... which is an incredible accomplishment on your part due to the fact that there are many (online and offline) people I consider to be "annoying." :lol:
I'm intentionally annoy some people, though. Most people do at some point or another.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

20 May 2011, 3:46 pm

I have been told I am annoying online when I was just trying to have a conversation. Sometimes people would just get so nasty about what to me seemed to be nothing, not explain why it really was something to them, and treat me like I was deliberately trying to ruin their day.

Actually one instance that comes to mind, the guy stopped trying to insult and attack me when I tried to make it clear that I had no idea what had set him off so thoroughly. He never told me, but he stopped flaming me.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 4:23 pm

<~~~Annoying & irritating both in RL & online. :oops:

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 4:27 pm

Lemme tell you guys something, if your annoying online its no big deal because a lot of people are. Online, we dont see the person, we dont know the person, so were more blunt, straightfoward and lot less considerate of peoples feelings. A lot NTs are like this. We generally dont have the reprecusions of what would happen if we were that way in real life. I dont find online interactions a big deal especially if your talking to people you dont know. But communication online, can really screw up the meaning of what you were trying to say.

EmmaUK12
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 4:28 pm

Same as above :oops: i guess i'm just naturally annoying!

Supernova008
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2011, 7:13 am

I annoy people sometimes because my online conversations are often in a question-answer style, ie. I ask loads of questions. I don't know why, but I find this a good way to converse. Anyone else do it that way?