Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 10:26 am

Death is not something i am ready for at age 21 :(

I get very stressed, have anxiety, sometimes depression and worry about small things.

how long will i have left before i die?

Things that i do that are healthy are
exercise
eat healthy foods like frut and vegtables
never smoke
healthy weight
never do drugs

things that i do that are unhealthy
get stressed about small things
can have bad anxiety
can have depression
always angry about small things

My parents refuse to help me on this problem becuase what can they do to help?. i am just trying to do as many healthy things as possible and i had a urine test done recently and it came out negative meaning it did not detect any problems. How long do you think i have left? i know at 21 its weird haiving to contemplate my own morality all becuase of my aspergers :cry:

At the end of the day all i can is give it my best shot. :?

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 11:47 am

I know how you feel... I worry about that stuff all the time now. I'm forty, and find it hard to imagine living past forty four or forty five. But you do more healthy than unhealthy things, and I think you've got at least fifty good years... probably more considering how much improved people's general health is, and the state of medicine. You could easily live into your nineties... but at the very least I'd say there's nothing to worry about.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 12:04 pm

yeah true in our lifetime medical care will improve.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 12:19 pm

Life expectancy is increasing all the time. And quality of life is improving into old age... I honestly think you've got nothing to worry about, though I really do understand the worry.

Have you talked to anyone about this? Sometimes obsessive fears about death are a sign of depression.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 1:17 pm

What is depression though? Just overwhelming sadness?

willem
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 3:05 pm

When you get angry over small things, ask yourself how important it is. How bad is it, really?

When you are anxious over something that may or may not happen, ask yourself::
- What is the chance of it happening? (Probably very small, because anxiety attacks tend to be imagined scenarios with lots of detail in them, which makes them seem realistic while actually the more detailed they are, the less chance there is of them coming true.)
- How bad would it really be if it did happen?
- What would the price be for you to minimize the chance of it happening? "Price" in terms of worrying about it, doing things you don't want to do, not doing things you do want to do, having to buy something, etc.

You need to make a very conscious, deliberate decision to ask yourself these questions, else your anger/anxiety will absorb you entirely.

Being 21, you'll probably live at least another 50 years or so. Probably more if you accept that you can't hope to predict or control more than a bit of what will happen.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 4:26 pm

If i wanted to live up too my 90's what other things could i do in terms of eating the right foods and exercise?