How many of you girls want to have kids?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you want kids?
Yes 33%  33%  [ 27 ]
Maybe 20%  20%  [ 16 ]
No 48%  48%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 82

aldilacuna
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 May 2011, 7:21 pm

Topic. Just want to get an idea. Thanks.

SilverShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2011, 7:47 pm

I wouldn't mind spreading my genetics around, but I don't want to get pregnant, ever. >_<

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 8:12 pm

I have always wanted to be a mother. I would like 2 kids, one boy and one girl preferably. :)

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 8:17 pm

I don't know I could make a good mother. I like children, and have quite a lot of ideas on raising them, but I do not like the world I would be bringing a child into, and also, not sure how I would deal with the crying and shrieking they tend to be prone to.

RAINCLOUD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2011, 8:45 pm

I am not sure because some parts of parenting sound joyful and others do not. Also I might not make a great mother because of the way that I act.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 8:52 pm

I've always wanted a little boy. His name shall be Elijah. I'm just terrified of the actual process of having the kid and I'm scared my husband would leave me...

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 9:16 pm

I've always wanted lots of kids. I doubt I will ever have any though. :cry:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 10:00 pm

God no.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 11:03 pm

nope i don't want kids.

oh, oops. well, now i guess it's too late.

just kidding, i am ecstatic that i have my daughter (now 16). but i sure as heck didn't want any to start with!

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 11:27 pm

No.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 9:58 am

When I was young and dreamed about having a family, I always wanted to have three kids. Two kids of my own (male) and one adopted (male also). Now that I am living in the real world, I have one kid (daughter), and I do not want anymore. Having a kid is not easy, specially if your kid has AS. It consumes a lot of resources, and requires time and patience. I would not change a thing. I love my daughter and she has helped me grow in so many levels, but I do not feel physically, psychologically or economically fit to have more kids.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 10:12 am

hyperlexian wrote:
nope i don't want kids.

just kidding, i am ecstatic that i have my daughter (now 16). but i sure as heck didn't want any to start with!

You beat me to it! I was going to write: "It's not so much a matter of 'want', it's now a matter of 'did'."

It's very difficult to me to be a mother (mostly because I obsess over it and am very aware of my shortcomings), but it's extremely rewarding too. I'm very lucky to be in a good position, financially and maturity-wise.

P.S. it's hilarious to me that on dating sites I have to specify, "Wants children" or "Does not want children". There is no option for "Wants the children she already has, but is *done*, otherwise".

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 1:00 pm

mv wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
nope i don't want kids.

You beat me to it! I was going to write: "It's not so much a matter of 'want', it's now a matter of 'did'."

It's very difficult to me to be a mother (mostly because I obsess over it and am very aware of my shortcomings), but it's extremely rewarding too. I'm very lucky to be in a good position, financially and maturity-wise.

P.S. it's hilarious to me that on dating sites I have to specify, "Wants children" or "Does not want children". There is no option for "Wants the children she already has, but is *done*, otherwise".

i know *exactly* what you mean - i have seen that on dating sites in my internet travels! "Does not want children" implies that you would rather not be saddled with the kidlets you already created.

i find it insanely difficult too. i would not have been effective as a single parent - having the supoport of a spouse kept me from failing as much as i would have otherwise. many women and men are able to do it alone, but i could not have done it very well.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 1:26 pm

God no. But I guess it's too early to decide, I could always change my mind (I hope I don't, though!).

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2011, 2:51 pm

Yes, two preferably.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 3:19 pm

I think I would like to have two or three kids later in life. Right now I'm not ready to be responsible for anyone else, and I don't want kids until I think I'm selfless enough. If I do ever have kids, I definitely, definitely want to adopt.