Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

maddogtitan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2005, 12:41 pm

I don't know if any of you are interested in knowing who wins Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, and Best Actress or not, bu there are some interesting things about this year's AcademyAwards. First of all, it's not gonna be lie last year's sweep of Lord of the Rings.

I'm just wondering what people think of the nominees for this year.

www.oscar.com

Thanks.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2005, 2:23 pm

I haven't even seen any of the films nominated for best picture yet, so its tricky to have an opinion really ("The Incredibles" for best animation though by several miles).... but that's never stopped me in the past :), so here goes:

I just find the whole concept of awards ceremonies utterly pointless and futile and annoying: "Mr. Z" is the best actor, and "ABC" the best film etc..... Oh yeah? ACCORDING TO WHO? (oooops - sorry, started shouting there..... getting a bit emotional :oops:) Some bunch of old gits who vote for whichever studio's film gave them the most freebies and free lunches, that's who..... When was the last time anyone saw an Oscar winner that actually deserved it? I'm struggling myself (except for maybe LOTR)..... Did "The Usual Suspects" win a best film Oscar? Did "Fight Club" or "Alien" or "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" or "Memento" or even "Star Wars"? Did they eckers-like..... Instead you get abominations like "Titanic", "Forrest Gump", "Kramer vs. Kramer", "Gladiator" and the like..... :roll:

Rant mode disengaged.... Sorry for jumping on your thread with a little too much vitriol matey - couldn't contain myself..... :oops: