Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Franklin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2011, 2:35 pm

So, how do I know if I'm gay? I think I'm attracted to my brother's friend... I know I'm not attracted to women... and sex seems weird whether its straight or gay. :?

Also, I'll be right back I have to go make sure my sister is on her way home.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 2:52 pm

There are lots of shades in-between between straight and gay. Many people aren't 100% straight or gay. Humanity comes in every possible variation. Also, sexuality can evolve over the course of your life. Peoples sexuality can drift from straight to bisexual to gay and back. So what I'm trying to say is there isn't any practical way to discover what you are except to just live your life and see where your heart takes you. Your sexuality will continually evolve over your lifetime. You can read books and talk to other gay/bi teens. Many larger cities have LGBT information and gathering centers where other people are exploring the same questions. But, there's no sure way to tell until you have had more experience, in fact enough experience to form a strong pattern. A single attraction to the same sex doesn't mean anything.

Franklin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2011, 3:04 pm

Oh okay, thank you!

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 4:29 pm

and no matter what-whatever you discover about yourself-it is ok to be who you are-never let anyone tell you that you have to be this or that-there is nothing wrong with being straight,gay,bisexual or asexual.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 12:37 pm

As MollyTroubletail correctly points out, an attraction to a single individual tells you little. When it is someone close to you (such as a sibling's friend) then that is even more the case. The attraction can be rooted in so many other aspects of the person's personality, and their physical sex may be quite a secondary thing.

As for sex seeming weird, just remember Alan Rickman in Dogma:

The Metatron wrote:
There's nothing funnier than the faces you humans make mid-coitus.

Sex is a behaviour that you may (or may not) grow into. There will be people and activities that appeal to you, and there will be others that don't. But the important thing is that you will develop your own sexuality, and you will come to understand it.