Night 40%  40%  [ 49 ]
Doesn't matter 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Doesn't matter 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 124

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2005, 8:46 pm

Personally I am a night person, big time. I rarely if ever feel tired at night, I just don't feel like I need sleep.

But in the morning I can't hit the snooze enough. I'm never grouchy in the mourning, just prefer the static condition of my bed.

If I am into something new and getting as much info as possible I can lose all track of time and stay up too late. I do this all the time, and slowly increase my thereshold for staying up late. I start at midnight, the next day I'll stay up to 1... and before I know it I'll be staynig up to 4 or 5 and I have to wake up at 8. Then the weekend comes and I get to sleep into noon or later and sleep 10 hours a day. I act as some sort of sleep camel.

So which are you?

macvincent
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jan 2005, 9:17 pm

Night person, definitely! In the morning I ususally am pretty tired and slow. At night is when I seem to be at the height of my energy, usually busy online (like right now!).

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 6:00 am

I am definitely a night person- if I get to bed by 2am that's an early night for me. I love the peace and quiet of the evenings, the time to do what ever I want without being interrupted.
If I'm in the middle of doing something I'll not even notice how late it is getting and if I do notice I'll just keep telling myself 'another 10 minutes and then I'll go to bed'.
I hate mornings- they seem so stressful and loud. I hate having to get up knowing that I'm going to have very little time to myself all day.

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 6:32 am

It really depends. As far as *liking* is concerned, definitely night. Hwoever, I am a mronign person insofar as I am only able to function for a short while, and that is usually the morning. After that, some part of my brain shuts down.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 8:41 am

For me I tend to be a night person for multiple reasons, inability to fall to sleep at times for reasons such as pain from arthritis, too many thoughts in my head to go to sleep, etc. I am often pretty much incapable of much in the mornings as I'm usually tired and all.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 10:50 am

both - i am annoying and impossible at any time of the day or night. i look better at night, though.

work better either very early in the morning, or late at night.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 10:56 am

Heheh, I know how you feel, vetivert.

I am a "morning" person because I can't sleep. I have been waking up routinely at 4:30 am off and on for quite a while now.

That doesn't mean that I'm "awake" at any time during the day, though.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 12:38 pm

This is one of the questions on the AQ test isn't it? I couldn't quite work out its relevance to AS and why it was on the test, and which response made your more or less AS, but anyway..... Anyhoo, I'd say I'm pretty equally dopey throughout the span of the day really....

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 12:56 pm

Definately a night person. I always feel the most awake at night, and it just seems better than day.

AspieGirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2005, 2:11 pm

They've got a name for the "night owl" syndrome -- Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome! >>

http://www.sleepdisorderchannel.net/dsps/

Definitely me!

:)

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 2:18 pm

Me too! Cheers for posting the link... :)

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 5:27 pm

I can be what ever I need to be, morning, afternoon, evening, or night person. I know because I've had to do all four.

However I am for the most part a night person. I'm much more comfortable and relaxed being outside when it's dark out since there is no sun light to bombard my senses.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 5:56 pm

I am a morning person. Even back in school (back in the fifties :D ) if I had a test I hadn't studied for (which was every test I ever took :lol: )I would go to bed early, then get up around 4:30 to cram. Today (thanks to Trazodone) it's in bed by nine to get up at five for work. On weekends it might be 10 to 6. Makes it hard when Max Creek (http://scoogy.com/maxcreek/) plays til 2 AM!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 7:23 pm

Definitley night.

Moring i'm tired and not really motivated to do anything...

At night my brain is usually already stimulated by doing stuff in the evening such as work, draw, read, watch TV or play games.

I find it hard to go to sleep at night.

Quote:
I had a test I hadn't studied for (which was every test I ever took )I would go to bed early, then get up around 4:30 to cram. Today (thanks to Trazodone) it's in bed by nine to get up at five for work

Yeah, I always did that. I was up at 6am on the day of my final Biology exam to cram for the exam that morning. Cramming is best when donw on the same day.

Dan
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2005, 5:27 am

It's 4:26 and I'm still up.

Guess how I voted :)

jmoney
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2005, 9:20 pm

Night.

I usually go to bed at 12 and wake up at 6:30.