Roman
Veteran
Veteran

sErgEantaEgis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2011, 12:41 pm

''If i could i would want to get cured?''

This is pretty baddly worded, but I assume it means ''would you want to get cured?'' Well, only you can decide that for you.

''So as anyone here tried treatment''

It's extremly likely.

''does it work?''

Despite whatever claims you heard, there is no way to get cured as for current day technology, so no, it does not work. However there are treatments to make life easier.

''anyone cured of this disorder?''

There is no scientific proof autism/Asperger syndrome can be cured nor that anyone was ever cured of it. However several crackpots claim they can cure autism but it's not true.

''I am self diagnosed symptoms match 100%''

Good for you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 1:21 pm

I wouldn't take the cure. There should be an option for people who wish to be cured. I wouldn't want to be cured, though.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 1:58 pm

Roman wrote:
http://www.autism.com/fam_editorial_curepossible.asp

I think its more likely some of these people where mis-diagnosed to begin with.....and maybe never really had autism. Or maybe they where able to find ways around their difficulties and come off as normal. Though I don't know that I see 'becoming normal' as recovery from anything.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:18 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Roman wrote:

I think its more likely some of these people where mis-diagnosed to begin with.....and maybe never really had autism. Or maybe they where able to find ways around their difficulties and come off as normal. Though I don't know that I see 'becoming normal' as recovery from anything.

Ditto. Reading it I think either they were not autistic to begin with, that those mentioned have a misunderstanding of autism so think if they can function more like an NT that they are no longer autistic, or that they are actually asperger's which can be seen as a miraculous 'recovery' if the child was originally thought to be autistic. They also seem to be talking about personal accounts, these do not prove autism has magically vanished, it just talks about how people with autism have improved. Furthermore autism isn't just some way of behaving, but it is a neurological disorder, unless people have had brain scanning to show that they have autism/no longer have autism then any such arguments that these people have 'recovered' is worthless.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 11:06 pm

autism is more severe then asperger right...

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 3:30 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Roman wrote:

I agree with this... I mean just look at Jenny McCarthy's son. She claimed to have cured her son. I get what you mean here. People always claim they have it, find some way to cure it and then no more autism. It makes you wonder if they had it in the first place.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 12:40 pm

namaste wrote:
autism is more severe then asperger right...

Actually no........it can be, and a lot of times autism is more severe but its not a set rule or anything.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 12:47 pm

so no cure

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 7:06 pm

namaste wrote:
so no cure

Yes. No cure. I also suggest to NOT self-diagnose and go to a doctor who can properly do it.

autism.com is the apex of quackery, touting things such as chelation, secretin, and is implicitly anti-vaccine. It saddens me that people bring this site up.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 8:55 pm

There won't be a cure until medical science can learn how the brain works completely and then devises a way to rewire neurons and DNA into a 'normal' patterns for you.

AS is primarily a different neural wiring in the brain, slightly different chemical concoctions in the brain and the genetic code that orders it so.

For the time being the best thing you can do is go to a therapist/psychiatrist and see what medications they can suggest that will balance off the chemical imbalances in the brain to alleviate any social anxiety/etc issues you may have. This however, only targets the symptoms not the cause.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 1:26 am

Dantac wrote:
There won't be a cure until medical science can learn how the brain works completely and then devises a way to rewire neurons and DNA into a 'normal' patterns for you.

AS is primarily a different neural wiring in the brain, slightly different chemical concoctions in the brain and the genetic code that orders it so.

For the time being the best thing you can do is go to a therapist/psychiatrist and see what medications they can suggest that will balance off the chemical imbalances in the brain to alleviate any social anxiety/etc issues you may have. This however, only targets the symptoms not the cause.

my parents were having it infact more serious issues like schizophrenia its in my genes
also i was abused by my sick parents....so i dont see any way out of this

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 9:28 am

sorry to hear that :( .

phil_d1111
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

namaste wrote:
If i could i would want to get cured?
So as anyone here tried treatment
does it work?
anyone cured of this disorder?
I am self diagnosed symptoms match 100%

medical diagnoses are mere words. the conditions referred to in these forums are but words also
. in many situations people seem to require a label to rally around and box themselves into to make sense of the position they are in. " if you think the things you think then you think the things you think" type of thing

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 10:27 pm

There is no cure for A.S.

I wouldn't want it, anyway. I am who I am, and A.S. is a part of me; it has been all of my life. It's all that I know how to be.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.