Being socially awkward with some people more than others

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 1:15 pm

For sure! Age makes a difference. (I can interact better with adults than my peers). However, there are some adults than I am more socially awkward with than others. Same goes for peers. Like for example, I had 2 English teachers this year; the first one was a student teacher and the second is a regular teacher. I am much more socially awkward with the regular teacher than the student teacher for some reason. I think it might be because the student teacher understands me better than the regular teacher and visa versa. I wasn't supposed this English teacher at all; the one that was supposed to get went on a leave of absence in October. I wasn't socially awkward with him at all.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 9:54 am

Sometimes I feel more Aspie with some people, and others I sometimes feel quite NT, like them. I think of all the right things to say at the right times, and only struggle about 5 percent of the time, which isn't enough to make any visible differences in my actions or speech.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 5:19 am

I find it much easier to speak with intelligent people. When I speak with people who have lower intelligence (not those with learning disabilities - that's fine for me), it's difficult for me to find a common ground and I end up feeling like I'm acting stupid.